Friday, May 1, 2015

Sunrise Session Elegant St. Louis Wedding

I am hardly a morning person, but this next of pretty from the lens of Clary Pfeiffer has got me dreaming about sunrises and sweet kisses. Because not only did this darling duo wed in serious style, but they awoke the next morning for one seriously romantic photo sesh. Graced with golden light and gorgeous surroundings the results are nothing short of spectacular!

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Fall
Settings
ChurchClub
Styles
Vintage

From Clary Photo… The couple really wanted time for just the two of them to enjoy so we set up a sunrise session. It so beautiful, some of my favorite images ever are from this session. I love the mist! I also put together a bouquet with soft tones to complement the morning light. I’ve mixed wedding day images with the morning session so if you want to see more of just the morning after please let me know. I’m so excited to send this your way, thank you for taking the time!

From The Bride…Joe and I met seven years ago at an ugly sweater Christmas party. We were attending different colleges and never thought a long distance relationship was in our future – it turns out we were both wrong! After living in four different cities and six years of planes, trains and automobiles – we both ended up in Chicago. A proposal followed, and of course it wouldn’t have been “us” if it didn’t involve a crazy travel story – lost luggage and all!

We’re both from St. Louis and knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding, surrounded by family and friends. I found myself drawn to vintage themes which were shown in everything from the golden candelabras (painted by my parents!) and beaded bridesmaid dresses to the antique chest of flip flops and old family wedding pictures. The Missouri Athletic Club brought this look to life with its gorgeous crystal chandeliers and elegant ballroom. I loved the gold Chiavari chairs we added to the room and the pops of blush colors in the flowers and lighting. Also, our guests raved about the cookie tables we had out for dessert which were made by family and friends.

The reception went by so fast, but what I remember most is the dance floor being packed the entire evening. Our band even learned a special song I surprised my dad with, which was the song we always danced to growing up. During the party, Joe and I both took a step back to watch our friends and family having a great time together – it was an amazing view.

We both agree that the best part of our wedding day was the ceremony. We didn’t see each other before, so it was very emotional and I loved the look he gave me as I walked down the aisle. It is something I will never forget! We wanted our wedding to be soft and romantic, and every detail was captured perfectly by Clary. We got to relive the experience several days later during our sunrise “day after” session. It was so much fun talking about the wedding and soaking in our newly married status. Plus, I got to put back on my wedding gown!

Photography: Clary Pfeiffer Photography | Ceremony Venue: St. John The Apostle | Reception Venue: Missouri Athletic Club | Bride's Shoes: Kate Spade | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Adrianna Papell | Makeup: Makeup Artistry By A&C | Hair: Pixies Hair Design | Lighting : Exclusive Events Inc. | Band: Push The Limit | Bride's Bouquet : Clary Pfeiffer | Bride's Dress: Lazaro | Wedding Coordination: Dishy Events

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Vintage Chic



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1zjOxQy

No comments:

Post a Comment