Monday, November 7, 2016

A Nashville Wedding Dressed in Neutrals

Anytime Cassidy Carson steps in front of the camera, pretty things happen. Just take a peek at this Nashville wedding and you’ll see exactly what I mean. Designed around a neutrals-on-neutrals palette and a gorgeous stationery set by Designs in Paper, it’s Southern elegance done right in every way.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Classic

From the Bride…Corey and I met in January of 2011 when we were both out with mutual friends. Our connection was instant, but we didn’t begin our relationship until about a year and a half later. But when we did start our relationship, we knew right away it was a forever thing. Corey proposed in September 2015. We had talked about marriage for a long time, and had looked at rings and chosen the perfect one (well, I gave him a picture of a Heidi Gibson ring I fell in love with). I knew he had my grandmother’s wedding set so he could use the center stone, and from there I waited. When I got home from work one Saturday evening, Corey met me outside with a big smile. He was dressed up, and he grabbed my hands and led me to the front door where he told me to close my eyes. I was excited, thinking he had cleaned my house for me (this was normal). Instead, he led me inside and through the house to the dining room, where I opened my eyes to Corey on one knee and candlelight dinner with champagne and rose petals everywhere. The phone calls were made, pictures posted, and the next day the wedding planning started!

Having worked in the wedding industry since 2008, Corey left everything up to me. I knew the venue and photographer were the first two vendors to tackle. I also knew that having worked with bridal gowns for the last 8 years, finding my dress was going to be the most daunting part! Step one was a piece of cake: I knew exactly the venue I HAD to have and didn’t bother looking elsewhere. My wedding would be at the Cordelle in Nashville and the date would be whatever was available from April to before-football-season-starts 2016. I love everything about the Cordelle and have wanted my wedding to be there since I saw pictures of the building being renovated. Next up- finding a photographer. This was a stressful decision because pictures are so important! It’s the one thing left after the day is over. When I found Cassidy Carson Lynch’s website, I knew I wanted her to capture our wedding. And she did not disappoint! Our pictures are more perfect than we imagined. Next was the dress- and oh my goodness was I stressed about that. Those who know me know how picky I am, and having tried on probably a hundred wedding dresses in my life, I really wanted to feel like a bride and not feel like I’m putting on just another dress. I made three dress appointments, and after the second appointment I told my mom I wasn’t going to find a dress in Nashville and didn’t know what we would do. But the next day at my last appointment, the first Hayley Paige dress I put on was perfect. Dress ordered! Designs in Paper created the most perfect Save the Dates and Invitations to set the tone. Christina Logan Designs would take care of the planning leading up to the day. And A Village of Flowers was set to handle the florals.

Overall, I wanted the day to feel traditional but fresh, southern, and effortless. Many people asked me what “my colors” were. I always answered “I don’t have any!”- I love neutrals too much. The ivory bridesmaids’ dresses looked so classic with our lush bouquets of greens, creams, and whites. Thinking of my guests, I wanted them to have a drink in their hand and their feet on the dance floor. I work next to Chef’s Market, so that was another vendor I knew I had to book. I wanted everyone to have a good southern meal- and they did not disappoint. The food was perfection. We opted for a band over a DJ- being in downtown Nashville during CMA fest, we needed some live music! Cornhole was on the lawn, cafe lights lit up the outside bar, the dance floor was full, and it was perfect. Our favorite part of the day (aside from the ceremony!) was being able to visit with everyone that had come to help us celebrate. We honestly had so much fun the entire time. The day went by much too quickly, but looking back, everything looked and felt exactly how I envisioned it. I wouldn’t change a thing and I wish I could do it all over again!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Cassidy Carson Photography | Cinematography: Lynn Productions | Event Planning: Christina Logan Design | Floral Design: Kelly J Ross | Wedding Dress: JLM Couture, Inc | Cake: Frosted Affair | Invitations: Designs in Paper | Bride's Shoes: Badgley Mischka | Engagement Ring: Heidi Gibson | Bridesmaids' Dresses: JLM Couture, Inc | Catering: Chef's Market | Hair + Makeup: Amanda Gros | Band: Emerald Empire Band | Groom's Attire: Tuxedo Avenue | Groomsmen's Attire: Tuxedo Avenue | Venue: The Cordelle | Bridal Boutique: The Dress Theory | Draping: Nashville Audio Visual | Earrings: Haute Bride | Groom's Tie: Me And Matilda | Rentals: Southern Events Party Rental & Vintage Prop Shoppe | Rentals: 12th Table | Veil: Alter My Heart

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Traditional Elegance



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2f9BrQj

No comments:

Post a Comment