Monday, November 14, 2016

An Epic Wedding Ceremony Set Cliffside!

From destination wedding plans in Italy to a simple elopement at city hall, Mike and Trinh settled on a last-minute compromise with an intimate celebration on the cliffs of Big Sur, California. They shared vows in front of those they love most with ocean views for as far as the eye can see. Thanks to Jessica Kay for an entire gallery waiting in The Vault.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Outdoor
Styles
Al Fresco

From the Bride…Originally I had different wedding plans from having the wedding in the coast of Italy to just eloping at San Francisco city hall. Two months before our wedding date, we compromised and decided to have it in Big Sur, California which is about a 3 hour drive from where we currently reside. Mike and I have traveled the world together and lived in several different cities before Mike proposed in NorCal where he was born and raised in a small town.

I am an artist and nature gal at heart, my vision for our wedding was to incorporate as much nature and us in there as possible. Big Sur has captured my heart long ago when we first visited, she has her unique beauty and a sense of adventure like myself. Big Sur reminded me of my adventures around the world, living on the edge, and trekking to many mountains including Machu Picchu and Mount Everest. Although, I’ve never been to Point 16 before, when I saw the photos of the venue online I knew that I wanted our wedding ceremony to be on that point overlooking the vast Pacific Ocean. Our love story has been about adventures, taking risks, and making sacrifices and I think that’s what keeps it all exciting and we’re still very much in love since day one.

Although I am proud to be Vietnamese American, many days of my life was spent living and working in Europe. I’ve always admired French and Italian artists along with their culture and aesthetics. I wanted to incorporate a Tuscany garden feel, Greek romance, and French countryside and California laid back to the dinner table which included old clay pots filled with olive branches and few florals, macaroons for take away gifts, and name cards handwritten in watercolor by me. My wedding designer Joy Nicolas helped carried out the rest of my vision, and I couldn’t have done it without her.

Growing up I enjoyed reading Greek methodology, and in late 2000s I visited a few parts of Greece and loved it there too. I created the design for my dress which was influence by Grecian clothing. My vision of my dress came to life thanks to my friend Judy from Julee Chic Bridal based in San Jose, CA. I tried on so many dresses, I’m very petite, and I didn’t have much time to keep looking for dresses so I simply wanted to have one custom made.

Everyone enjoyed the organic food that was locally sourced by our caterer Cheri and prepared right there at the outdoor kitchen. The view was amazing according to everyone. On a normal day, this part of Big Sur is sunny with a nice breeze. However, recently the big fire has been burning over 100k acre of the forest two weeks prior to our wedding left a haze which also left a very beautiful sunset for our sunset photos. In the end all we have left are photographs, which were captured by Jessica Kay Photography perfectly.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Jessica Kay | Cinematography: Filmman Video | Event Design: Joy Nicolas | Floral Design: Petals Of Love Floral Studio | Wedding Dress: JuLee Collection | Cake: Fleur de Farine | Catering: A Big Sur Affair | Hair + Makeup: Styles By Ann | Calligraphy: Ink and Linen | Band: Ivy Hill Entertainment | Venue: A Big Sur Affair | Bridal Boutique: Ju.Lee Collection | Candle Holders: Trunks & Tales | Stylist + Designer: Joy Nicolas

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , ,
Post categories: Modern, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2fOfrck

No comments:

Post a Comment