Friday, June 23, 2017

When Middle School Sweethearts Tie the Knot

Lyndsey and Thomas’ wedding was a dream come true in more ways than one. For starters, saying “I do” was a long time coming for these middle school sweethearts and the setting of Saddlerock Ranch had been a pipe dream of Lyndsey’s since a family trip to California many years prior. The Texan couple brought a taste of home to their Malibu nuptials, including a “Howdy” sign crafted by Bella Grafia and we’ve got every moment of the day captured by Leah Vis.

From the bride… Thomas and I were middle school sweethearts, so our wedding in October was a long time coming. Since our families and friends from Texas had been waiting for so long, no one minded traveling to California for our dream wedding at Saddlerock Ranch.

Everyone asks why we got married in Malibu, California, and, to be honest, we have no history or ties to California at all. I went on a Malibu Wine Safari at Saddlerock Ranch about 5 years ago with my mom and a friend, and one of the tastings was at the Chateau Le Dome. The rolling hills and vineyard views took my breath away, and I told my mom “I am getting married here one day!” Flash forward many years, the day after Thomas proposed my mom asked what we were thinking for a wedding location. I told her “I already told you…Saddlerock Ranch in Malibu!” Having my wedding at Saddlerock Ranch was really a dream come true.

I think the theme for our wedding is pretty obvious, flowers, flowers, and more flowers! From the invitation liners to the dinner plates to my Maid of Honor’s dress, I knew I wanted to incorporate as many floral touches as I could. An idea from our incredibly creative wedding planner, Lindsay, we had a custom-made “Howdy” sign hanging from the bar, and I thought it was the perfect touch to bring a little Texas flair to California.

Our wedding ended up being the most beautiful celebration, and we owe our perfect evening to Bliss Productions and all of our wonderful vendors.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Leah Vis Photography | Wedding Planning + Design: Bliss Productions | Floral Design: Mark's Garden | Wedding Dress: Hayley Paige | Cake: Sweet Arleen's | Engagement Ring: Jewel's by Grace | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Azazie | Hair + Makeup: The Beauty Pair | Band: The Class Band | Suits: Men's Wearhouse | Wedding Venue: Saddlerock Ranch | Caligraphy: Heidi Davidson Design | Custom Bolero: Hayley Paige | Howdy Sign: Slinging Ink™ Calligraphy | Linens: Luxe Linen | Maid of Honor Dress: Show Me Your Mumu | Rentals: A Rental Connection | Tableware: Casa de Perrin

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Rustic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2tVZDtF

No comments:

Post a Comment