Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Modern Romantic Minneapolis Wedding in Shades of Pink


[section title=”The Planning”]
[field title=”Wedding Colors”]Having an August wedding allowed us to play off of both summer and fall colors. We knew we wanted greenery that was lively and welcoming, but also wanted to ensure our complimenting shades of color (mauve, pink, dusty blue, pink and purple) set the mood for a romantic wedding.[/field]
[field title=”Design / Vibe / Vision”]Knowing that Chris and I have lived out of state for the past few years we really wanted to hone in on creating a space that was designed specifically for our family and friends to reunite and experience a day full of love. The Hutton House delivers an intimate yet urban space that was the perfect layout to bring to life our cozy-modern summer wedding. The volume of space separated into three different sections allowed us to create a cohesive yet different vibe around each corner.

The Fireside Room: A perfect place to hold our ceremony. The amount of light that shone through the windows accompanied by the wood burning fireplace made us feel right at home when exchanging our vows. This room was later converted into a more relaxing space with a photo-op and lounge furniture.

The Lakeside Room: The vaulted ceilings, wooden tables with candles lit, and fresh floral installation really brought this space together for a cross-pollinated family dinner we will never forget. Everyone also showed their moves when it was time to party.

Courtyard: Filled with music and cafe lights, this space was amazing for games, chatting and dancing during the warm summer evening.

This wouldn’t have been possible if we didn’t have our talented wedding planner, Jennifer Gregory, Owner of A Modern Fête. She pulled together an incredible team of vendors who helped bring this vision to life.
[/field]
[field title=”Proposal Story”]My original plan was to take Molly on an excursion through her home Bogotá, Colombia and propose during one of the highlights of the trip. The proposal took a turn due to Covid-19 travel restrictions so I transitioned to her favorite holiday, Christmas. I knew we would be spending this Holiday as a duo in Maryland without family so I felt it would be a grand surprise we’d both enjoy. I woke up a few hours before Molly and decorated the house in the fashion of a winter wonderland. Icicles draped from the ceiling, fake snow and candles scattered across the floor, and a row of Christmas lights leading up to me. As she walked through, there I was kneeling on one knee next to the Christmas tree and balloons spelled out “MARRY ME”.[/field]
[/section]
[board_carousel title=”Getting Ready”]








[/board_carousel]
[board_carousel title=”Bridal Portraits”]











[/board_carousel]
[board_carousel title=”Flat Lays”]





[/board_carousel]
[section title=”The Fashion”]
[field title=”Wedding Gown”]I went to a couple bridal shops before I landed at A&Be Bridal Boutique in downtown Minneapolis. I had envisioned my wedding gown would be a minimal, gorgeous satin gown. After a few dresses, I instantly fell in love with this beautiful beaded sparkle lace corset dress made by Made For Love. As soon as I saw this wedding dress paired with this exquisite cathedral length veil, I knew this dress was for me. My wedding dress was complete once I added a piece of my mother’s wedding dress on the inside[/field]
[field title=”Bridesmaid Dresses”]For my bridesmaids, I wanted to find a dress that continued with our theme for a romantic modern wedding. I chose a Desert Rose Satin Dress from Revelry which perfectly complemented the colors in their bouquets.[/field]
[field title=”Groomsman Attire”]My groomsmen and I went for a black tie event look and feel. I ensured each gentleman was laced with black rose cufflinks, custom socks, and freshly picked boutonnieres.[/field]
[/section]
[board_carousel title=”Bridal Party”]





[/board_carousel]
[board_carousel title=”Ceremony”]











[/board_carousel]
[board_carousel title=”Cocktail Hour”]





[/board_carousel]
[section title=”The Details”]
[field title=”Food & Drink”]Guests dined family-style on chicken and roasted vegetables. Instead of a typical plated meal, we wanted everyone to feel relaxed and at home.[/field]
[field title=”Florals & Decor”]When we first viewed our venue, we knew the floral was going to be a key piece in our design. Style Society helped us in adding smilax greenery to the staircase for the perfect entrance. For the ceremony, we added a beautiful floral garland on the fireplace as the perfect backdrop. Lastly, we wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous high-vaulted ceilings in the reception room by adding a circle greenery and floral hanging installation above the dance floor.

Hunt Wright Designs did an amazing job pulling together our wedding decor. Brandi worked through every small detail with us to craft the perfect wedding stationary. The design aesthetic carried through to our welcome sign, table numbers, and seating chart. All of our wedding day decor was kicked off by an elegant invitation with multiple layers giving our guests a taste of what they’d see come 8.4.22.[/field]
[field title=”Wedding Cake”]The newlyweds and wedding party enjoyed a two-tiered cake after cutting. Guests had their choice from an assortment of cupcakes all from Amy’s Cupcake Shoppe.[/field]
[field title=”Readings, Ceremony Music, Reception Songs”]It was important for us to have a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple and we felt like the piano renditions of our favorite classic songs from artists like Ben E. King, Natalie Cole to modern-day artists such as Frank Ocean and Bruno Mars.

Reception Songs-
Daughter & Dad Dance: My dad and I danced to my brother singing the Disney classic “You’ll Be In My Heart” which was the song my mom would play for me growing up. It was the perfect tribute to my parents who have sacrificed a lot for their kids.
Mother & Son Dance: My mom and I decided to go off the traditional road a bit. We started with a song that hit on my love for my mom as a mama’s boy. From there we broke out into a rehearsed dance routine that featured some 2000’s classics from Soulja Boy (crank that), T.I (shoulder lean), Milly Rock and Chicken Noodle Soup.
Bride & Groom First Dance: Playing off of the ceremony music, our first dance was the modern version of the classic Moon River (originally sung by Audrey Hepburn) sung by Beyonce.
[/field]
[field title=”Special Detail #1″]A rose was placed on an empty chair at the ceremony to honor Molly’s sister, who had passed away. [/field]
[field title=”Special Detail #2″]Being that Molly is from Colombia, it was important that I honored her by wearing the Colombia orchid flower as my boutonniere.[/field]
[field title=”Special Detail #3″][/field]
[/section]
[board_carousel title=”Couple Portraits”]















[/board_carousel]
[board_carousel title=”Reception”]













[/board_carousel]


Photography: The Byes Photo | Photography: Mackenzie Orth | Event Planning: A Modern Fête | Floral Design: Style Society | Wedding Dress: Made With Love Bridal | Cake: Amy's Cupcake Shoppe | Invitations: Hunt Wright Design Co. | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Revelry | Catering: Marna's Catering | DJ: Mic Drop Entertainment | Beauty: Labb | Rentals: Collected & Co

© Style Me Pretty, %%10pm31UTC[2023]%%. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty https://ift.tt/Db4myL2

No comments:

Post a Comment