Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Beachy Bachelorette Party? You Need These Mermaid Gift Sets!

Hello brides-to-be, Olivia from LivvyLand here and I’m sharing some fun news…I went to Costa Rica for my destination bachelorette trip! For our tropical beach getaway to celebrate I crafted my ‘maids a fun gift to welcome them to paradise and as soon as we touched down in Costa Rica my fabulous crew went from bridesmaids’ to mermaids for an entire week of beach festivities!

If you saw how I asked my bridal party to be a part of my big day, it’s no secret that I thoroughly enjoy coming up with themed gift sets and making them come to life! Between being a Pinterest fanatic and my career as a fashion blogger, let’s just say creating these precious little sets is a ‘happy place’ of mine – not to mention getting to see the look on everyone’s faces when they open them up is truly the absolute best! I thought up a batch of items that would coincide perfectly with the ‘mermaid’ theme of the shindig and be useful throughout the trip. Here’s what I included in my mermaid gift sets:

Ramblers | Since we’ll be roaming from the pool to the beach, I opted for cups that can keep drinks extra cold throughout the day. I worked with Rambler On to customize YETI Lo Ball cups for my bridal party – each one says “Let’s Be Mermaids” on one side and then has their monogram on the back. I think we’re all set for a “cheers” photo opp!

Nail Kit | When doing some extensive mermaid research, I spotted this idea on Pinterest and knew I had to add it to my gift set! I got super lucky and found the glittery scale nail files at CVS (honestly, I’m not sure the cashier has ever seen someone so excited about nail files, ha!) and then scooped up the polish colors by Essie. My color scheme was coral and a mix of light blues and mint greens, so I grabbed polish colors within that spectrum. Finally, I tied each one with a dash of twine and voila, cutest little nail polish sets!

Bracelets | A beach getaway just calls for beaded bracelets with bursts of color, and when I saw these pretties by Gold & Gray I was completely hooked! I got one per gal, but if you’re feeling ultra festive you could pass out a few per person so they can stack them up!

Matching Tees |  I love the idea of a matching bachelorette bridal party, and after scouring the internet for the perfect tee fit for a flock of fabulous mermaids, I decided this adorable coral Wildfox number was the one! For starers, it’s the color of Ariel’s hair (Little Mermaid reference), and two, I love the word ‘Mermaid’ written across the front – it’s got that effortless, playful look that I was hoping to find. Not to mention, everyone can use a breezy tee to throw on over a swimsuit after a day at the beach!

Shell Hair Pins | Such a fun and easy DIY activity! All you need is a hot glue gun, a pack of bobby pins, some small shells and pretty paper. I ventured to Michael’s for all of the items – they have a ton of itty bitty shell options in different colors to choose from.

Mermaid Inspired Cards |  A gift set is never complete without a super adorable card that just sums it all up! My sister is an artist and runs the Etsy store Kimberlee Artworks, so I knew she could make my vision come to life. She hand painted these watercolor prints with pastel scales in the background and handwritten text – beyond precious and so perfect to top off this mermaid gift package!

For all you beach bachelorette babes, I hope this gave you some fun planning inspiration! This is the time to treat your fellow mermaids like queens, so have an absolute blast with it! xx

Follow Olivia’s Journey down the aisle!


Bridesmaids’ Gifts | Save the Date | Reception Dress

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Olivia Watson | "Let's Be Mermaids" Cards: Amazon | Beaded Tassel Bracelets: Gold & Gray | Blogger Bride: Olivia Watson | Mermaid Bikini Swimsuit: Amazon | Mermaid Tee Shirts: Amazon | Monogrammed cups: Rambler On | Nail Polish: Amazon | Starfish Veil : Amazon

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , , , , ,
Post categories: DIY Favors and Gifts, DIY Projects, The Blog, Wedding Resources



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2abE9VH

No comments:

Post a Comment