Wednesday, July 27, 2016

This Backyard Wedding Is Basically “Father of the Bride” IRL

You’ve seen Father of the Bride, right? It’s pretty safe to say we’ve found the real life version that’s better than the movie any day. After becoming engaged, these two knew her childhood home was the perfect spot to tie the knot, and with the help of Intertwine Style they transformed her parent’s garden into a ceremony masterpiece. Almond Leaf Studios worked their usual magic behind the lens and there’s even more to pin this way.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
At Home
Styles
Classic

From the Bride… I met Alex through mutual friends about four years ago. We hit it off instantly and talked to each other for the majority of the night. His intellectual curiosity and sense of humor are what initially drew me in and I have been smitten ever since! He proposed to me in our apartment kitchen on a Friday night with my dream ring from Satomi Kawakita. The ring is extremely simple and not your typical engagement ring by any means, but it is exactly what I wanted. The beauty and meaning behind the simplicity of the ring is perfect. We had friends over for champagne and dreamed of things to come!

My parents have maintained a beautiful garden at my childhood home of about 22 years. Growing up, the garden was a place to hang out and nibble on berries, pick flowers, and just enjoy the outdoors. It is a place I hold dear and when Alex and I got engaged it was instantly my ideal venue for our ceremony. Aligning our reception venue with the lush, dreamy, and nostalgic vibe of my parents’ garden was key for me. Luckily, a generous family friend offered up her peony farm, Oscar-Morse Peonies, which was a dream come true. We visited the farm as the sun was setting and I knew it would be perfect. I let the venues essentially guide the rest of my decision-making.

For floral design, we were lucky enough to have peonies from both Oscar-Morse and my parents’ garden. Having watched my parents’ peonies bloom yearly as a child, it meant so much to see them in bouquets and arrangement on our big day. Beyond the sourcing of the flowers, Kelly Lenard was a genius with the design! I wanted lush, soft, muted colors along with some blush/pale yellow/ivories. My dress was a color called “Butter” so I wanted some yellows in my bouquet to complement that. I also wanted a bit of an edge to the all the softness, which is where we integrated smoke bush, Do-Tell peonies, and rex begonia leaves. She executed on the vision flawlessly.

I wanted my dress to be chic, not fussy, and I wanted it to be Houghton Bride. When I saw Alice in Ivory was holding a Houghton trunk show I instantly booked an appointment. I am entirely obsessed with what Houghton has been doing in the bridal industry, and while Katharine Polk’s designs can lean a bit more “City Bride,” I *loved* every dress I tried on and ultimately chose the Kate Dress. It was the perfect fit for me and the garden wedding. To make it a little more ethereal, I added the Jennifer Behr Coronet and a thin belt. For bridesmaids I wanted a more formal spin on the slip-dress and Joanna August’s Kimi dress was a perfect fit.

The day was absolutely perfect and I cannot thank our vendors enough for all that they did to make it run seamlessly! The day went by faster than I ever could imagine and Almond Leaf Studios did a great job at capturing the day and emotion. We’ll look back on these pictures for years to come and think of what a happy day it was!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Almond Leaf Studios | Coordination: Merry Me Events | Styling: Kelly Lenard With Intertwine Style | Floral Design: Kelly Lenard With Intertwine Style | Wedding Dress: Houghton Bride | Cake: Adam's Cake Shop | Invitations: Minted | Ceremony Venue: Childhood Home - Private Residence | Reception Venue: Oscar-Morse Peonies | Shoes: Stuart Weitzman | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Joanna August | Catering: Matterhorn Catering | Makeup: Bride | Hair: Jennifer Lewallen | DJ: EA Pro Music | Groom's Attire: J.Crew | Bridal Belt: xLittlebee | Bridal Boutique: Alice in Ivory | Bride's Hair Piece: Jennifer Behr | Bride's ring: Satomi Kawakita | Flower Girls: Zara | Rentals: Burns Rent-Alls | Ring Bearer: Zara | Wildflower Seeds: Etsy

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , ,
Post categories: Casual, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2an9bIi

No comments:

Post a Comment