Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Pink Garden Wedding Straight From the Storybooks

The vision behind this wedding? It’s something we can totally get behind. “We wanted an intimate, laid-back and elegant wedding in a romantic garden…most importantly, we wanted our guests to have fun, eat good food and dance the night away,” said the bride. They flawlessly pulled off all the above, and Mint Photography captured every bit you simply must see.

Colors
Seasons
Spring
Settings
Garden

From Mint PhotographyMichelle and Allen hosted the perfect garden themed wedding on a beautiful spring day for their closest friends and family. Michelle was beyond a stunning bride in her Monique Lhuillier ceremony gown. They incorporated soft delicate colors and florals, fun games and traditions to engage their guests, and their sweet pup Cooper who was the picture perfect prop. River Oaks Garden Club was the perfect setting for their day, it is one of the most enjoyable and beautiful locations we’ve photographed at, and we absolutely loved it!

From The Bride… We wanted an intimate, laid-back and elegant wedding in a romantic garden. We chose decor and furniture that were simple, natural and a little rustic to add some soft touches to our wedding. Most importantly, we wanted our guests to have fun, eat good food and dance the night away.

We decided not to exchange wedding gifts and just wrote each other cards on the morning of. When I went shopping the week before our wedding, I couldn’t resist and picked up a few pairs of socks for Allen and his groomsmen. I decided to personalize it by sewing a heart onto Allen’s sock that said “Love you forever” in pink thread. The fabric I used was the extra fabric cut off from my reception dress.

I couldn’t decide on a hair piece and waited until the day before our wedding to experiment making a floral hair comb. I picked up two bouquets of ranunculus and figured if I can fashion a comb out of it then great! If not, no big deal, I would just go without. The morning of my wedding, my MOH and I managed to make three hair combs for each of us in different sizes while giggling and eating breakfast. It was an unplanned DIY project which turned out to be so fun and memorable. Somehow our floral combs matched the boutonnieres my florist made perfectly and turned out to be such an unexpected surprise!

 I woke up on our wedding day feeling overwhelmed with happiness and excitement. It feels surreal that after months of planning and anticipation, our day is finally here. I was at home with only my bridesmaids and our dog. I sat in bed and teared up at the thought that the moment I’ve been waiting for for so long is here and it’s real. Another favorite is walking down to see Allen during our first look. My heart was filled with enormous amount of love and bliss. I still remember the rush of emotions that took over when Allen turned around, my eyes were filled with happy tears.

Advice for future brides/grooms
My advice for other couples is to embrace the unexpected. Don’t lose sight of why you are planning this wedding. At the end of the day, you get to marry your best friend. Nothing should take away from that.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Mint Photography | Cinematography: Elisheva Golani | Coordination: Blue Sage Events | Floral Design: The Senterpiece | Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier | Catering: Silver Stone Events | Hair + Makeup: Pink Palette Artists | DJ: Xceptional DJs | Venue: River Oaks Garden Club | Photography - Assistance: Claire Casner | Rentals: Houston Party Tent and Event

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, Rustic, The Blog, Traditional Elegance



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1t6oGte

No comments:

Post a Comment