Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pink, Gold, Confetti, Sparkles. Bring on the Girly Wedding Dream.

If you need a little reminding just how fun a pink, gold, confetti, and sparkles can be, let me introduce you to Megan and Louis. This Austin couple fully embraced all of the above for a whimsical garden party wedding with the help of Westcott WeddingsBristol Lane Florals, and Jessica R. Crowell just to name a few. The incredible Sophie Epton photographed, and in our opinion, this is a gallery best viewed with champagne in hand. Cheers, Megan and Louis!

Colors
Seasons
Spring
Styles
Al Fresco

From The Bride…I didn’t know when Louis proposed it was going to open up a world to me, a world where we were not only planning a wedding but also meeting life long friends and securing my roots in Austin, Texas. I’m fairly new to this city and didn’t have a circle yet, and little did I know the journey of planning my wedding would lead me to all of these places! I fell into the wedding planning not really knowing what I was doing but fortunate enough to have crossed paths with the most incredibly talented people who quickly became my dream team.

My first meeting was with Sophie Epton Photography, and from the moment we met I knew she was going to be our photographer. I had done a little research on Sophie and was blown away with her work, and when we started chatting I was as impressed with her down to earth, inviting personality! It felt like we had already been lifelong friends, we had similar visions of what weddings are and what they should look like. I remember her asking me if I was looking into a wedding planner, which I had been. She suggested Ellen from Westcott Weddings, which ironically enough I had a meeting scheduled with the next day! Meeting with Ellen had a similar feeling…she was warm, gracious, and sweet. It felt like I was having a conversation with my best friend about my vision for our wedding. We bonded over our love of sprinkles, glitter and confetti, which to me are the three things that make this world go round! I knew Ellen was going to take my inspiration of a whimsical garden party and make it a reality.

From there, Ellen put me into contact with the rest of the ladies who would become my dream team! Meredith from Bristol Lane did our florals, and her visions and creations are incredible; Meredith’s love for cultivating relationships is what makes her so special, and I knew what she created for me would be extraordinary and perfect for our day. Jessica from J.Ro Cro Arts & Lettering designed the most whimsical invitations and signage. I had spoken with Jessica over the phone for our initial consultation, and a few days later while I was out running errands, I was checking out and handed over my credit card. The cute girl behind the counter looked at the card, looked back up and me and said “Megan? I’m Jessica, I’m doing your invitations. We spoke on the phone!” Basically, what’s behind all of this is each of these women were meant to come into my life, it was meant to be that these were the people I would go on the journey with and I couldn’t have asked for anything or anyone better. When looking for your perfect team of vendors to make your vision a reality, make sure to choose people who you trust. I conveyed my vision to all of them of what I was wanting and then said “do your thing!” That was the best decision I made, and the result was a day that was completely us and completely perfect!

We had a fairly small and intimate wedding celebration…we wanted to be able to look at each guest and give them a specific reason why they were there. We wanted our friends and family to feel as special and as loved as we did! Our wedding was a celebration of them, and we wanted to thank them for the love and support that has built a foundation that Louis and I are able to stand on and start our life together! Louis and I did a first look, which gave us the unique opportunity to see the vision come together! It’s pretty incredible to look over and see the set up of the tables, florals and just see how hard everyone was working to make it special for us.

It’s hard to choose just one favorite moment, because the day came together with so much love and joy that it was impossible not to smile! We were surrounded by people who love and support us, friends who have become family, family who are our friends and feel so honored to have them share in our special day. We are incredibly thankful for a wonderful wedding team who made our dream into a reality and who have become cherished friends.

From Westcott WeddingsFrom the moment I met Megan, I knew I was going to love working with her. She is so kind, genuine, and full of joy. And I think that’s the biggest takeaway I have from both the months we spent planning and her + Louis’s big day–so much joy! Throughout the planning process, I affectionately referred to Megan as my “pink, confetti, and sparkles bride,” and I think we were able to deliver on all three counts for her wedding. Working together, we used a color palette of “elevated pinks and golds” to create a happy, garden atmosphere, perfect for a spring wedding.

She and Louis were married in front of 65 of their closest friends and families, beneath strands of bright floral garlands. From there, guests gathered in the courtyard for drinks and appetizers. We served dinner from the P. Terry’s food truck–a perfect piece of Austin to share with their out-of-town guests! Once guests had grabbed their burgers, they dined together at family style tables outfitted with vintage china, sequin runners, and bright, beautiful blooms under strands of twinkling lights. After dinner we moved inside for dessert (all beautiful, delicious, and dusted with gold glitter!) and dancing.

I’m so thankful to the incredibly talented team who pulled together to make Megan and Louis’s day come together so beautifully! So many congratulations to the happy couple!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Invitations + Signage: Jessica R. Crowell Lettering + Calligraphy | Desserts: Green Lily Bakery | Hair + Makeup: Makenzi Laine | Rentals: Loot Vintage Rental | Cocktail Hour Catering: Tiny Pies | Catering: DNA Events | Photography: Sophie Epton Photography | Event Planning + Styling: Westcott Weddings | Floral Design: Bristol Lane Florals | Catering: P. Terry's | Chair Rentals: Sweet Sunday Events | Wedding Dress: Reem Acra | Earrings: Ilona Rubin | Ribbon: Silk and Willow | Lighting Design: ILD Lighting | Film Processing: Richard Photo Lab | Rings: Rosados Box | Groom's Shoes: Cole Haan | Bride's Shoes: Christian Louboutin | Bride's Sandals: Bella Belle Shoes | Groom's Attire: The Black Tux | Venue: Mercury Hall

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Modern, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1ZOS0PB

1 comment:

  1. This wedding looks adorable and elegant. Haven’t seen such a fantastic wedding decoration ever. Thanks for sharing these photos here! I am going to attend my cousin’s wedding at one of most beautiful Malibu wedding venues. Very excited for her special day!

    ReplyDelete