Friday, January 13, 2017

4 Little White Dresses for EVERY Wedding Event

Hi, everyone! I’m Mackenzie from Design Darling and I’m excited to share a little bridal fashion inspiration with you today! You already know from our engagement photos that I’ve been obsessed with outfit planning for the biggest day of my life and today’s post is further proof.

One of the best pieces of advice I received after getting engaged came from my friend, bridesmaid, and former SMP blogger bride Ali, who told me to start keeping an eye out for little white dresses because they can be difficult to find during the fall and winter months. Since we got engaged last Christmas Eve, a family friend asked to host an engagement party for us that February and it was unsurprisingly difficult for me to track down the perfect LWD in the dead of winter. I turned to Rent The Runway who came through with this long-sleeved Shoshanna dress that was appropriate for a mild February in Dallas and still festive enough to make me feel like a bride!

I thought I would do a little inspiration shoot with our wedding photographers Cameron and Jamelle to share four little white dresses that would work for all sorts of wedding occasions. Something I didn’t realize before we got engaged is just how many wedding festivities there are leading up to the actual day! Think engagement party, bachelorette weekend, bridal shower, bridesmaids’ luncheon, welcome party, rehearsal dinner… The list goes on! Featured in this post are four little white dresses I rented from Rent The Runway that I absolutely adore. I hope it helps you find the perfect outfit for your next bridal event!

First up is the Shoshanna dress that I wore for our engagement party. Fit-and-flare silhouettes are universally flattering and the long sleeves make it a great option for a fall or winter event. One great thing about Rent The Runway is that you can add dresses to your favorites throughout the year so you have a long list of options for various events as they pop up. I also love that there are tons of reviews for nearly every item and you can order a second dress size to increase the odds that you’ll find the perfect fit for you! I wore it with bright blue heels and statement earrings but if it’s extra chilly where you live, you could always add opaque tights and a black pump.

My second favorite is this tiered lace Nicholas dress. The longer length isn’t something I typically gravitate towards but the fitted top and lower neckline balance it out perfectly! The lace is so stunning in person and I love the pretty shadows it cast in the sunlight. Definitely a fun little detail shot for the weekend of your wedding! I wear these nude sandals to almost every wedding we attend because they’re comfortable enough to wear all day and dance on all night. I also wore these sparkly sunburst earrings for a fun mix of high and low!

If you need a little white dress for a warm weather wedding event, this Carven dress is simple and gorgeous. The asymmetrical detail on the front of the dress makes it a little more fashion-forward than your average LWD and the thicker fabric means you don’t have to stress about what to wear underneath. I paired it with turquoise tassel earrings and my favorite nude heels for a look that’s perfect for the summer months!

Last but not least, I couldn’t resist trying on this gold floral Lela Rose dress. Our wedding will have a less formal feel, but this would be ideal for a rehearsal dinner before a black tie wedding. I love that it has a little movement in the back, though I think it might have looked better on me if I were a couple inches taller (I’m 5’1″ for reference!). Thankfully these Alice + Olivia bow pumps do add a bit of height. The quality is unbelievable though so I would definitely add it to your wish list if you’re having a formal affair!

I’d love to hear what little white dresses you’ve worn or been eyeing for all your bridal festivities. With ten months remaining until our wedding, I know I’ll be needing several more!

Follow Mackenzie’s Journey Down the Aisle!

Meet the Bride + Engagement Session

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Cameron & Kelly Studio | Blogger: Design Darling

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Blogger Bride, The Blog, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Fashion, Wedding Resources, Wedding Style



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2isFlFv

No comments:

Post a Comment