Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Perfect Wedding That Almost Didn’t Happen

For starters, this gorgeous wedding…well, it almost didn’t happen. Just 8 days before they were set to tie the knot, Becca and Seth got word their venue couldn’t accommodate them due to unforeseen weather issues. Becca’s response? “As long as I get to marry Seth, I’ll be happy.” They quickly pulled together a plan B with their planner Lindsey Zamora and the result is the perfect outdoor celebration captured by Kristen Kilpatrick.

Colors
Seasons
Spring
Settings
FieldOutdoor

From Lindsey Zamora, the wedding designer… Becca and Seth are one of the sweetest couples I have had the pleasure of working with. I have known Becca for several years from the wedding industry and was so honored when she hired me to design her destination wedding! Becca and Seth settled on the Texas Hill Country and wanted a day that was timelessly romantic with an organic feel. Our team was so graciously welcomed by Pilot Knob Vineyards when we were unable to have the wedding at a private residence as originally planned due to weather. It was such a great reminder of what a wedding really is- “As long as I get to marry Seth, I’ll be happy” were Becca’s words over and over as we pulled together to come up with new floor plans, worked through new logistics and let the guests know of the new location.

The vineyard overlooked the native Texas agriculture’s rolling hills, cacti and wildflowers which ended up being the perfect backdrop for the wedding. One of my favorite memories was the thank you speech given by the couple under the Texas sunset and then later dancing their first dance under festoon lights as their family and friends gazed upon them. Everyone involved was so gracious, welcoming and hardworking to pull off a beautiful day. It was such a beautiful evening and we were lucky to be part of it!

From the Bride… Our day almost didn’t happen. We received a call eight days before the wedding that the original location we wanted to use had been rained out and couldn’t accommodate a wedding due to wet soil. I think I panicked more inwardly than outwardly, but a part of me thought we would have to cancel our wedding. Luckily, a dear friend posted to social media about the dilemma and our vineyard venue was found and booked!

Seth and I are high school sweethearts and dated for seven years before he proposed, in one of our favorite parks where we used to have anniversary picnics. I don’t remember a thing he said, because the whole moment was there and gone in the blink of an eye, but I do remember knowing, without a doubt, that he was my person and I couldn’t say anything but a tearful and joyful “yes!”

When it came to the wedding, we knew we wanted an intimate, romantic, outdoor wedding, with amazing food, great music, and our closest friends and loved ones to feel relaxed enough to enjoy themselves. We chose a color palette of blush, gold, ivory, and touches of green through greenery. I decided on a custom dyed, blush Leanne Marshall gown. I was inspired by the pink and rose gold tones in my engagement ring and I also knew that didn’t see myself in a white or ivory gown. Lindsey fully understood and executed our vision for the day beautifully. With understated florals, soft touches of ivory fabric, and romantic and elegant touches of candlelight in our beautiful tablescape.

Aside from how beautiful our day was, my favorite parts were our first look, ceremony and vows. Seth and I both grew up very close with our grandparents. His grandfather, whom I never met, but I know Seth adored, passed away suddenly several years ago. Seth was given a shirt of his to keep, but he never knew what to do with it. One day, while cleaning the garage, I saw it sitting in plastic and I knew exactly what to do. I secretly took the shirt to my seamstress and had her create a pocket square out of it.

During our first look, I gave it to Seth as a way to have his grandfather close to him on the wedding day. He knew exactly what it was and proudly wore his pocket square. Even writing this makes me cry all over again, but that moment was priceless on our day. Seth and I chose to send our officiant 10 things we loved about one another, for her to read and us to hear for the first time during the ceremony. We also wrote and read our own vows, which meant the world to hear and know that our love was so much stronger eight years later.

After the ceremony, we ate with friends and family, danced our first dance to “You Make it Real” by James Morrison, and had the time of our lives. Reliving our wedding day through photos and reading our vows, which now hang on our living room wall, will never get old!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Kristen Kilpatrick | Floral Design: Lindsey Zamora | Wedding Dress: Leanne Marshall | Wedding Cake : Whole Foods | Invitations: Written Word Calligraphy | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Jenny Yoo | Catering: Bola Pizza | Hair and Makeup : Makenzi Laine | Lighting : Intelligent Lighting Design | DJ: Live Oak DJ | Groom's Attire: The Black Tux | Groomsmen's Attire: The Black Tux | Bridal Shoes: Nordstrom | Co-Planner: Naomi Pak | Designer + Co-Planner: Lindsey Zamora | Dress Boutique: The Sentimentalist | Earrings: Kendra Scott Jewelry | Headpiece: Twigs and Honey | Rentals : Sweet Sunday Events | Rentals : Loot Vintage Rentals | Vineyard : Pilot Knob Vineyard

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , , ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2jpGrSL

No comments:

Post a Comment