Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Timeless Charleston Wedding for a Couple That Met in Grade School

Meeting the love of your life in grade school does not happen very often but for this Bride and Groom, the road to happily ever after began in the fourth grade. Their timeless Charleston wedding is the culmination of puppy love turned forever love with the backdrop of the sweet Southern city where they first met. With a mix of romantic and classic details, like the all white blooms by On a Limb, this heartfelt celebration is one for the books. Grab a front row seat to all the beauty through image after stunning image captured by Michael and Carina.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Estate
Styles
Classic

From the Bride… I met Christopher when I was 9 years old. He sat behind me in Ms. Thompson’s Fourth Grade class. Chris has little memory of me from this time but I remember him as the boy who said volcanoes were going to explode and destroy the earth. Needless to say I wasn’t overly fond of him. Ironically enough, when I moved back to South Carolina at 15, he again sat behind me in class. This time, he left a better impression on me and we’ve have been pretty inseparable since. My sister said it best in her rehearsal dinner speech; that every time she thinks of me in high school, college, or today, she can’t help but think of Chris too. The majority of my high school memories come from time spent at the Kennedy’s house: between the Christmas’ and Easters our families spent together to the chalk board city scape we drew in his room that’s still there today. I can still remember the butterflies I got the first time he held my hand walking up to his house and when he asked me to senior prom on his porch. We fell in love at his parent’s house so there was nothing more fitting than having our reception there. 

Chris and I have very different styles and made sure both were represented on our wedding day, feeling the best way to do so was to show our individual styles through the details of the day. Chris wanted the day to be traditional and timeless and I wanted to make sure it had an air of romance and magic. I think you can see both of those in Chris’ black tux and my tulle dress. My favorite combination of the two were the garland lights hanging from the trees over the black and white dance floor. When the day finally arrived I couldn’t help but feel anything but an overwhelming sense of peace. I expected my heart to be pounding as I walked down the isle but it was steady; Marrying Chris was the most natural thing I’ve ever done and nothing could or ever will feel more right. 

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Michael and Carina Photography | Floral Design: On a Limb | Cake : Wild Flour | Invitations: Minted | Church : St Paul's Summerville | Reception Venue: Private Estate | Shoes: Kate Spade | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Kate McDonald Bridal | Catering: The Knot | Hair and Makeup: Pink Dot Beauty Bar | Band: test | Groom's Attire: Grady Ervin | Dress Boutique: Maddison Row | Film Lab: Richard Photo Lab | Getting Ready Location: The Belmont | Map Artist: Jenn Griffith | Rentals: Eventworks | Wedding Dress Designer: Monique Lhuillier

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Traditional Elegance



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2ujwehi

No comments:

Post a Comment