Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Wedding Every Floral Lover Needs to See

Chloe and Mike didn’t begin planning their wedding with a particular theme, per se, but they knew a few things for certain. They wanted a day that was romantic, non-traditional, and they wanted the floral design to make a statement…big time. Add that all up and you get a spring celebration overflowing with whimsical blooms and eye candy galore. Annie McElwain photographed the gallery ready to be pinned!

Colors
Seasons
Spring
Settings
Garden
Styles
Whimsical

From the Bride… I didn’t really have a theme for my wedding, but I knew I wanted it to be romantic and non-traditional. I also wanted to make sure to tie in elements from New York, since that is where we live. I chose grays and whites for my neutrals to serve as the backdrop for some really bold and fashion-forward flowers. I really wanted the flowers to be different.

For the ceremony, the focus was on the lily pond; part of the reason we chose El Encanto, and we kept it all white with a lush chuppah and overflowing bouquets. Spring is a really great time for flowers and Brown Paper Design did such a beautiful job with the season’s best blooms in gorgeous, saturated colors in custom boxes made from reclaimed wood. The details are definitely what made the wedding unique. The Ketubah was hand painted by one of my best friends. The welcome drink was a mini bottle of Rosé from the Wolffer Estate Vineyard where I had my bachelorette party in East Hampton.

As favors, we gave out Momofuku cookies packaged with our logo. And we even had custom cornhole made to match the lounge vignettes from Found Vintage Rentals. I was a bit nervous throughout the day since the weather was not in our favor. It started to sprinkle as we approached the invite time. However, as soon as we started walking, the rain stopped and it was a really incredible moment. Once we entered the reception I was really able to take everything in. Our band, Ground Control, from Elan Artists was amazing and I loved being on stage with Mike. My favorite moment was when my family surprised me by singing L’Chaim and acting out a little performance!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA


App CTA

App CTA


Photography: Annie McElwain Photography | Event Planning + Design: Nicole Arena Of Green Ribbon Parties | Florist : Brown Paper Design | Wedding Dress : Monique Lhuillier | Shoes : Tabitha Simmons | Venue: Belmond El Encanto | Beauty : Fiore Beauty | Invite and Paper Goods: La Happy | Linens : La Tavola Fine Linen Rental | Music : Elan Artists | Rentals : Classic Party Rentals | Tabletop: Casa de Perrin | Vintage Rentals : Found Vintage Rentals

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , , ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Whimsical



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2hKQYVi

No comments:

Post a Comment