Friday, December 23, 2016

When You Meet “The One” on Christmas

I’ve been watching my fair share of Hallmark classics this holiday season, and quite frankly, Brett and Emily’s love story could put any movie storyline to shame. These two met at the hospital working the Christmas shift and soon knew they’d found something very special. Cassidy Carson photographed all the wedding details, including stationery by Designs in Paper, and the film by Matt G Video is an absolute must-watch.

MustWatch_swash-01

From the Bride… Brett and I met on Christmas night, when we were both stuck working the overnight shift at the hospital. I was the nurse for a patient who was getting increasingly sick, and Brett was the Medicine Resident I called to come help. The patient ended up getting much better (he was able to celebrate his 65th wedding anniversary the next month), and Brett and I went on our first date shortly after. About a year and a half after that we were engaged, and ready to start planning our wedding!

Brett and I decided to get married in Nashville, where we both currently live. The first thing we chose was the venue; Mint Springs Farm. It was the perfect combination of elegant and cozy, with its giant Swarovski crystal chandeliers and beautiful barn. Plus they welcomed our King Charles Cavalier puppy Walter with open arms! The photographer was next, and one of the most important things to me. When I saw how perfectly Cassidy captured the emotion of a wedding day, I knew immediately she would do a great job of capturing all the small moments I would want to look back on for years to come.

I am very close to my younger brother, and there isn’t a designated place for a brother in a wedding. I ultimately decided on letting him do my speech, and chose not to have a maid of honor. It was much too difficult to choose between my friends anyway! I loved being able to hear about our relationship from his point of view, and it was one of my favorite parts of the day.

The day itself was gorgeous, we couldn’t have asked for better weather. It was so great to have all the people closest to us together in one place. Once the day finally arrived I was really able to let go and enjoy the time with my friends, family, and new husband. The perfect ending to a relationship started on a cold Christmas night.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA


App CTA

App CTA


Photography: Cassidy Carson Photography | Videography: Matt G Video | Event Planning: Mint Springs Farm | Floral Design: Mint Springs Farm | Wedding Dress: Lazaro By Jim Hjelm | Cake: B. Jackson Bakery | Bride's Shoes: Kate Spade | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Jim Hjelm | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Amsale | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Jenny Yoo | Caterer: Chef Penelope's Catering | Hair and Makeup: KATIE RUSSO BEAUTY | Band: Emerald Empire Band | Groom's Suit: Jos A Banks | Ceremony and Reception Venue: Mint Springs Farm | Groom's Shoes: Menguin | Groom's Tie: Menguin | Paper Suite: Designs in Paper

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , , , ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, Rustic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2ioghw6

No comments:

Post a Comment