Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Designing a Custom Wedding Dress with Whitney Bischoff

Hello again, brides! If you haven’t been able to tell, I’m a lady who loves to plan, but I can also be very indecisive at times. So when it came to selecting a wedding gown, the planner in me paired with my indecisiveness created a challenge. I could not wait to try on wedding dresses, but it didn’t go quite as planned. I’m so excited to share how I ended up with a custom designed wedding dress, and as always, thanks for following along this journey down the aisle.

Like so many of y’all reading, I had dreamt of this day for SO long. The only problem was that with every dress I tried on, there was just something not quite right; something I couldn’t pinpoint (cue the indecisiveness). I found a few dresses that were 99.9999% perfect, but I wanted something 100%. This is not a decision that I could make a mistake with, but it was also a decision that I did not want to wait too long to make (cue being a planner). Goodness gracious.

After hours of researching online and collecting photos that inspired me, I walked into Belle Vie Bridal Couture completely overwhelmed. I could not understand how any woman could say yes to just ONE dress! I felt as if I desired 10 dresses to encompass a little bit of everything I loved….strapless, long sleeved, ball gown, sleek, lace, beading, color…are y’all catching my drift? I loved everything!

But let’s be real, I’m a bride with a budget in mind, and I absolutely could not have 10 dresses. Thank goodness for Amanda Bonnell, owner of Belle Vie Bridal and the creative director at Audrey Grant. Amanda put my mind at ease and ensured me that with a little bit of trust, I could have it all, even with one dress – a custom designed dress.

Trust in your vendors is something I know I mentioned in last month’s post and I will continue to do so because it is of utmost importance when planning a wedding. Being the planner I am, there is no way I could have decided to design my own wedding gown without a designer who I could trust with my vision. Amanda took the time to listen to my likes and dislikes, look at ALL of the pictures I had saved, and after trying on a few dresses, she sketched for me a custom dress with all of my favorite attributes.

Being my own fit model has been such a once in a lifetime experience, and also gives me such peace of mind knowing that tweaks can easily be made. It’s been so amazing to witness Amanda working her magic throughout this process, and I absolutely cannot wait to see this dream gown come to fruition!

To all the brides who are on the journey to finding and/or designing their perfect gown, here is my advice:

DO NOT SETTLE

If something seems off when you’re trying on a wedding gown, it probably is, so be sure to follow your intuition.

ASK QUESTIONS

Designing is an art. Designers have a knowledge, expertise, and eye for details that you and I may not notice or understand.

SPEAK UP

Once you have decided to design your own gown, be sure to voice your opinion along the way. I can guarantee your designer will want you to be ecstatic about the final product and that you said yes to your one-of-a-kind, never duplicated dress.

Until next time!

xoxo, Whitney

Follow Whitney’s Wedding Journey

Engagement Photos | Planning a Domestic Destination Wedding

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Carly Michelle Photography | Event Planning: Always Yours Events | Wedding Dress: Belle Vie Bridal

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , , , ,
Post categories: Blogger Bride, The Blog, Wedding Resources



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2lAaav1

No comments:

Post a Comment