Thursday, March 23, 2017

From Rehearsal Dinner to Big Day, this Celebration is One for the Books

It’s always a special treat when you get not only a wildly gorgeous wedding but its equally as pretty rehearsal dinner. There’s a whole lot to inspire packed inside this Ojai Valley Inn & Spa celebration crafted by All You Need Is Love Events along with layers of all white blooms by JL Designs, stationery in the loveliest shades of blue by Copper Willow Paper Studio and Erich McVey’s beautiful imagery. Pore through the collection and don’t forget to hit play on the sweetest film by Hoo Films below.

Now have a look at the prettiest of rehearsal dinners that kicked off this wedding weekend. With layers of peach and coral blooms and long al fresco tables, it’s just as pretty as they come.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Ranch
Styles
Rustic

From the bride… My vision of my wedding prior to planning was pretty simple. I wanted it to be elegant but still casual and relaxed. We wanted the setting to be jaw-droppingly beautiful, but still make sure people felt comfortable in just a sun dress or button down shirt.

We went with neutrals, as I do with most things in my life! Our invitation suite (Copper Willow) and other paper items were a beautiful ash grey with gold pressed calligraphy. Our florals (JL Designs) were an elegant assortment of whites and greens, including natural accents like thistle and pampas grass. I wanted the style to be slightly undone: loose florals, draping greenery, mismatched bouquets, and a naked cake. We also included a lot of natural wood elements, like signage and seating, as well as rustic terra cotta and stone vessels.

We had some amazing natural wood signs created for our main menu board and I really wanted to mimic those and have signs for the welcome, guestbook, hashtag, etc. I purchased raw wood signs from the local craft store and stained them to match. Then my sister is law, who has beautiful hand writing, painted them! They turned out really well and it almost made me wish we had tried to do more DIY things!

Of course the entire day was packed with incredible moments, but one moment that stands out was being able to tell all our loved ones a big secret we had been keeping. My father passed away exactly six months before our wedding day. When we got engaged we already knew he probably wouldn’t make it to our wedding. So just a few weeks into our engagement we had a private ceremony in my childhood backyard, and he walked me down the aisle. We kept it a secret for almost a year and revealed it at the ceremony by sharing photos that were inside an envelope on everyone’s seat with “please wait to open” on the seal. It was a really special moment to share and a meaningful opportunity to remember and honor my dad.

I saw my Mira Zwillinger gown online and from that day forward no other dress stood a chance! The second I put it on I knew it would be the one. I did my due diligence an tried some others on but to me, nothing else came close. I found the dress online because before my first appointment I literally looked at the websites of every designer that boutique carried. I am so glad I did that because you can really focus once you get there and narrow down your choices to what you already know you like. Plus, it’s really hard to tell what the dresses look like on a hanger, so if you have seen them on models already it is really helpful!

My first piece of advice is, if budget allows, get a wedding planner! Trust me, I am the type of person that likes to be in control but having a planner doesn’t mean you have to relinquish that. It just makes it hundred times less stressful! My planners (All You Need Is Love Events) immediately understood my vision and provided me with a few great options for all our vendors. They were there to make every step of the process as easy as possible. They had also worked with many of vendors before which made planning, communication, and the big day all run extremely smoothly. There were a couple things that went wrong on the day, but I never knew of about any of them until it had already all been resolved!

My other piece of advice is to start a scrap book! There will be so many fun events leading up to your wedding and so much you will want to remember. From bachelorette parties to showers, your friends and family will put so much thought and effort into all the beautiful little details at your events. I saved things like invitations, menus, sashes, and cards and along with a couple photos from the event put it all in a scrapbook! I couldn’t stand the idea of all of it living in a box in the closet never to be seen again. I absolutely love showing it to people and it was so much fun to put together.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

App CTA

App CTA

Photography: Erich McVey Photography | Videography: Hoo Films | Event Planning: All You Need Is Love Events | Floral Design: JL Designs | Invitations: copper willow paper studio | Catering: Ojai Valley Inn & Spa | Hair & Makeup: 10.11 Makeup | Wedding Venue: Ojai Valley Inn & Spa | Ceremony & Cocktail Music: Teahouse Company | Photo Booth: Bosco | Reception Music: Red Shoe LA | Rentals: Classic Party Rentals | Rentals: Pretty Vintage Rentals

© Style Me Pretty, 2017. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Rustic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/2nNd4gn

No comments:

Post a Comment