Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Snowy Rocky Mountain National Park Engagement

There’s no doubt Winsome and Wright knows how to capture love. One little look through The Vault and you’ll see what I mean. But when they’ve got the most darling of couples plus the snowy scenery of Rocky Mountain National Park in front of the camera? Well, this happens. One absurdly sweet engagement session – snow capped trees included.

From The Bride to be…The story of Chris and myself is one of chance; despite all odds here we are, together. It all started when Chris and I had our first brief interaction 4 months prior to our first date: it was a heated discussion on a mutually respected author, whom, though highly respected in my book, I did not care much for. The conversation was good enough, so in an uncharacteristic move, I gave him my number. 4 months later, I received a text from “Chris Chemistry” asking to grab a drink. I was a bit bewildered, as I had completely forgotten about this “Chris Chemistry”, but figured he must be worth at least a drink what with me saving his name with ‘Chemistry’ in it. The next day we met at a cute cocktail restaurant in Boulder. I arrived early in order to compose myself for this seemingly blind date. All of a sudden, there he was! Tall, dark, handsome, with the deepest light eyes I had ever seen. I instantly felt the butterflies that were present in our first conversation, and I think I knew then that I would come to love him. Drinks turned into dinner, accompanied with compelling conversation…We’ve been inseparable ever since.

We became engaged, on a weekend adventure riddled with ‘mishaps’, which though stressful helped to comprise a perfect weekend. We share a mutual love for the great outdoors: hiking, climbing, and general adventuring, so when looking for a photographer we wanted to find someone who would be able to capture that important aspect of our relationship. My Maid of Honor, Kalyn, had stumbled upon Faith, and radiated her praise from the start. I studied her website for hours – I felt a ping in my stomach that assured me she was the photographer. I phoned her, and instantly there was a connection. We discussed ideas for the photos, the tone, style, composition etc., seamlessly; it was as though we were of one mind.

Then Faith mentioned the location: Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP). At that moment it was a done deal. Chris and I spend much of the summer weekends playing in RMNP that it has become the keystone of many of our more intimate moments. In fact, Bear Lake, the location of some of the photographs Faith took, was the site of one of our earlier hikes together.

Faith has done such an exceptional job, weaving together our adventurous past and personalities in our engagement photographs. When I look upon the photos I am immediately thrown into some of my fondest memories with my love. I could not be more grateful! Faith has captured in our photos the moments we hold most dear: she peered into our souls brought forward our best selves. I could not be more pleased!

Vault CTA

Photography: Winsome and Wright | Makeup: Liz Wegrzyn | Venue: Rocky Mountain National Park | Film Processing: The Find Lab

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Engagement Session, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1KCuAon

No comments:

Post a Comment