Monday, April 20, 2015

Cincinnati Colorful Outdoor Park Wedding

After spending some quality time with this wedding, I kind of wish I could reach through the computer screen and give this couple big ol’ hug. Because not only have they known each another since Kindergarten, but they happen to be one of the cutest couples to ever grace our pages. These two celebrated the Big Day with a colorful park wedding that’s the definition of sweet, and Jen and Jonah we’re on hand to capture each bit.

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Park
Styles
Whimsical

From Jen and Jonah PhotographersHere is a sweet Cincinnati outdoor summer garden wedding we photographed last year. Having known each other since kindergarten, Mary and Steven’s love was meant to be.

Their wedding day was full of beautiful florals and handmade touches. Being a textile artist from​ Savannah College of Art and Design, Mary hand dyed all the men’s bowties and added rustic touches to the ceremony and reception. An outdoor ceremony at Cincinnati’s Ault Park provided a perfect garden backdrop. Hand-dyed ribbon and fabric hung from a large oak tree at the alter and sweet peonies lined the white chairs. A friend played guitar and the ceremony was sweet and meaningful and elegant. The reception was held under the Pavilion at Ault Park. White tents covered long white rectangle tables lined with jars of lush pink peonies, ranunculus, and sword ferns​. Guests dined and danced under the stars and the bride and groom ended the night with a sparkler leave. It was magical.

From The Bride… Despite living in different locations for school, Cincinnati is the place we met, became sweet friends and fell in love. The city is so dear to our hearts and will always be our home. It was such treasure to show out of town guest where we grew up and have our friends from near and far in one place that we love so much! We looked at few other venues in the area, but finally settled on Ault Park because we love the outdoors and felt it would allow our guest to enjoy a relaxed summer night in our favorite city.

We wanted to keep the décor simple because we felt like we had chosen a beautiful venue that did not need much more. I knew I wanted amber bottles at the centerpieces because I loved the way the light hit them – we ordered almost 200 bottles from a whole sale website for cheap! I picked a few of my favorite flowers (Peonies, ranunculus, garden roses, and sword ferns) and the florist did a wonderful job of filling in the rest. Days before the wedding we planted hundreds of succulents, tied bows and finished them with little thank you flags. All of the table linens and napkins were white along with the white wooden chairs. I arrived early and cried when I saw everything set up, I was overwhelmed by such joy to see everything finally come together. The flowers were the most beautiful I had ever seen in my life. We had two tassel banners that I made from tissue paper and hung from the cake table and the head table.

For my dress and veil, I wanted something simple and natural. I loved drop veils so I spent a lot of time looking online for inexpensive veils and found one that was great quality from Etsy and it shipped days before the wedding. I wore my hair in low pinned curls – I got my hair inspiration from Downton Abbey! A friend came through for the bridal party make up the week of the wedding and I let her do her thing!

​The cake was created by Haven Bakery in Cincinnati. I never actually tasted the cake before the wedding because I was in Savannah, GA, but trusted my mom and maid of honor to make the decision! Our top layer was peanut butter (at request of the groom!) and the rest of the cake was lemon cake with berry fillings. I loved the naked cake trend and sent my mom with photos for the baker. It was delicious! I still wish I would have eaten more, but I guess that’s what the first anniversary is for! One of my friends designed a laser cut cake topper as a lovely addition.

I like to say that our wedding was the best day of my life, but the days after have been better and even sweeter. All weddings are stressful to plan (and especially when planning from afar and graduating college and moving across the country three weeks before the wedding!) but I remember days before the wedding through late nights tying bows and organizing tears of joy would fall from my eyes as I remembered I was marrying my partner in this life, we were free to dream and love together in the same place for the rest of our days and that is the greatest and best gift of all. Also, eat more of your wedding cake!

Bridesmaid Dresses: For Her And For Him | Cake: Haven Bakery | Catering: The Village Pantry | Ceremony Venue: Ault Park | DJ: Queen City DJs | Engagement Ring: Designed By Groom At Fleming's Fine Jewelry | Favors: Succulents From Home Depot And Nature's Corner Green House | Floral Design: Nature's Nook Florist | Groom's Attire: Men's Warehouse | Hair: Hairpeace Salon | Honeymoon: Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado | Invitations/Envelopes: Jordan Stafford Illustration And Paper Source | Photography: Jen And Jonah Photographers | Reception Venue: Ault Park | Shoes: Trotters Penelope | Veil And Headpiece: Rebecca Walker Designs | Wedding Dress: Jason Alexander/European Bridal | Wedding Rings: Kay Jewelers

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Whimsical



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1zDa9Cq

No comments:

Post a Comment