Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Typical Sit-Down Reception Wouldn’t Do for This Laid-Back Couple

This right here is my kind of couple. For a normal sit-down reception just wouldn’t do for this laid-back duo. Their choice of celebration? A Mediterranean cocktail party complete with a wishing booth that acted as their interactive guestbook, Brigadeiros in lieu of a wedding cake, Love in Vintage rentals, and Ozzy Garcia behind the lens. Overall, it’s wedding day perfection. See it all in The Vault!

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Whimsical

From the Bride… Daniel proposed to me while we were in Brazil visiting his family on the rooftop of the world famous Hotel Fasano, at sunset. Besides the beautiful scenery of Rio de Janeiro, what made the moment even more special is that we were surrounded by family and friends. I remember all of the girls gathered together to take a photo (pre-planned but unknown to me) Daniel came up and grabbed my hand, got down on one knee and I thought “what in the world is he doing”. I was so surprised that I have no idea what he said after that… but I do remember saying yes!

The wedding was Mediterranean cocktail inspired. I wanted the entire vibe to feel warm, inviting and super laid back. As if we were having a small outdoor gathering at our own home. Everything from the seating layout, to the music and the way we planned the food was designed to encourage guests to explore, mingle with each other and feel the love. It was a very intimate, small wedding so we were really able to focus on laughing with friends and family, enjoying the live music and beautiful Miami night, not an evening fixed around a traditional wedding agenda.

I loved our “wedding aisle” that we walked down, it was a combination of vines that fell from the sky. I also loved the “Wishing Booth”, it was sort of an interactive guestbook. Instead of wedding cake we did Brigadeiros which are a traditional Brazilian dessert (since the groom is from Brazil).

Daniel’s favorite moment was seeing the bride for the first time. And Kelli’s special moment was that kiss at the end when they say “you may now kiss your bride”

An advice for future Brides & Grooms: Don’t stress too much. The best advice I got was from Daniel when I was having a freak out moment leading up to the wedding. I was worried that things weren’t going to be “perfect”. He said to me – “Babe, no matter what happens that day, if it rains, if it snows, if the flowers don’t show up, if spill wine on your dress (almost happened), in the end we will still be marrying each other and that’s all that really matters”. I pretty much melted in his arms when he said that.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Ozzy Garcia | Event Planning: Beauty in the Making | Floral Design: Divine Design Flowers | Wedding Dress: Yolan Cris | Invitations: Karmomo | Hair + Makeup: Carolyn Jones Makeup | Venue: The Royal Palm South Beach | Wedding Venue: The Royal Palm South Beach | Rentals: Love in Vintage | Rentals: Wood That Works | Wedding Dress Shop: Chic Parisien

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Whimsical



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1XQK7KX

No comments:

Post a Comment