Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Wedding That Nailed the “Desert Chic” Look

You know what I love about this couple? They broke all the rules and had what I’m deeming the Coolest. Wedding. Ever. They let the Scottsdale desert play backdrop to an untraditional “I do” complete with color, whimsy, and of course, a killer taco truck. Let you hair down and head straight to the gallery from Paul Von Rieter.

Colors
Seasons
Fall
Styles
Al Fresco

From The Bride…Since the moment we got engaged (full disclosure since before we got engaged), I knew I wanted a desert wedding. I was raised in Scottsdale and we take many trips to Palm Springs so it was the perfect theme. I planned the wedding myself with the help of my mom and 2 sisters. The most important thing to us was that we threw a fun party where everyone could let their hair down and have a good time! I used the same mentality with most of the planning. I told my bridesmaids to pick out whatever dress they wanted as long as it was navy and lace. Since everyone in my party is so different and two of them are new moms I wanted each of them to feel beautiful walking down the aisle and you can’t do that with a cookie-cutter bridesmaids dress. None of them chose a traditional dress and I loved it!

We did almost everything ourselves from making mason jar candles to my dad building a dance floor out of reclaimed wood. We planted cacti in tins 6 months before the wedding so the flowers would bloom in time for the reception. I created the sangria recipes from scratch, our friends were tasked with taste testing whenever they came over! We used traditional serape blankets for our guests to sit on at the ceremony site as well as made our programs into fans so they could stay cool in the Arizona sun! I walked down the aisle to an acoustic version of “Today” by The Smashing Pumpkins and my dad officiated. We dedicated the sweets table to my Grandmother who passed two weeks before the wedding, which was my favorite detail from the day. We decided on a taco truck and a great salsa bar so our guests could eat dinner whenever they wanted- it paired so perfectly with the kind of reception we wanted to have- a big party! Our cake was a wedding gift from my mom’s best friend!

We decided against most of the traditional reception activities. We didn’t do a bouquet or garter toss (in fact, I didn’t even wear one). Instead of doing the chicken dance and Y.M.C.A we chose a really fun mix of current and retro dance songs. My mom tells me that still 6 months later her friends are talking about what a fun party we threw! Mission accomplished.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Paul Von Rieter | Floral Design: Hoot And Holler | Wedding Dress: BHLDN | Ceremony Venue: Scottsdale Botanical Garden | Reception Venue: At Home | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Nordstrom | Bridesmaids' Dresses: J Crew | Hair: Marc And Company | Groom's Attire: Top Man | Groomsmen Attire: Top Man | Photography - Assistance: Carmen Santorelli | Programs: Rebekah Disch Design | Signage + Favors: Revelry Social

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Modern, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1NPCcv0

No comments:

Post a Comment