Thursday, May 12, 2016

This Gazebo Wedding Defines Garden Romance

While we LOVE this celebration, it’s not the venue or the incredible details that set it apart – it’s the people. Because when your guests literally travel across the world to witness you say “I Do”, that says something special. And boy was the trip worth it. For halfway through the ceremony the Groom surprised his Bride by singing their song. Ambient Veil captured it all below and The Great Romance has it in The Vault!

MustWatch_swash-01

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Al Fresco

From The Bride…I’m sure most, if not all, newlyweds feel that their wedding day was special, and rightfully so, because we do, too. But for me and my husband, it wasn’t because we had the most breathtaking venue, or a gorgeous color scheme, or swoon-worthy decorations and details. For us, because literally half of our close friends and family were far away across the continent or half way across the world, we were expecting to hold an intimate wedding and not make too much fuss about it. But come our wedding day, they travelled all those long distances and celebrated the day with us, way beyond the numbers we had expected, and there was no greater blessing and feeling of joy than being reunited with our loved ones. For having been gifted with their presence, now our wedding day holds a dear place in our hearts beyond just our union, but a union with all of them.

And for both my husband and I, our ceremony holds so many special moments in our memories. Before we got married, he and I dated for five years. Not just any five years, but long-distance five years, with him in California and me in South Korea. So for both of us, more than anything, we couldn’t wait to just simply be together, holding hands, making fun of each other, sharing something yummy, getting on each other’s nerves, and doing all the other stuff normal couples get to do. And during our ceremony, our pastor had us write short tidbits about what we like about each other, and they included dancing in the grocery aisles, no one laughing at my jokes, picking boogers, and me checking him out as a naïve little soul. I think emotions were already building up at this point, and more so as we shared our vows right after. Right then, my husband suddenly got the pastor’s microphone and started singing our “song”! Little did I know, he had planned it in such a secret that only the pastor and our wedding planner knew about it. I was already feeling teary, and as I listened to the lyrics about how we far we had come, he caught my eye and he started choking up, too, because the lyrics resembled so much of our relationship. Even to this day, our friends and family ask us if my husband wrote the lyrics on his own, haha.

The day of the wedding, everything will be in a whirl. You might wish you could have done something better or different, but at the end of the day, you realize that the small things don’t matter. For me, I was too busy focused on being thankful that now I could tell him he’s stuck with me forever!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: The Great Romance | Cinematography: Ambient Veil | Coordination: Chang Events | Floral Design: Green Leaf Designs | Wedding Dress: Kara Wedding | Cake: Patty's Cake | Catering: Palace Catering | Hair + Makeup: Jenny O | DJ: Shine Entertainment | Groom's Attire: Ted Baker | String Quartet: Atlantic Strings | Venue: Westridge Golf Club | Photo Booth: The Photo Booth Lab

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Modern, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1ZKdYD1

No comments:

Post a Comment