Friday, May 13, 2016

This Disney Inspired Wedding Is the Ultimate Fairytale

Before we get carried away singing Disney lyrics we have to acknowledge that this duo planned one incredible celebration. From the Love in Vintage film inspired vignettes (can you guess which one pairs with which fables?!), to the Samba dancers , this couple officially had the Best Day Ever and rightfully so and that was after-all their wedding slogan. See it all captured by Ozzy Garcia in The Vault!

The Vault

MustWatch_swash-01

Colors
Seasons
Fall
Settings
Hotel
Styles
Classic

From the Bride… Joao and I took a less traditional approach to life and decided to have our children before our wedding. We have always been big Disney fans and shared that love with our children. Joao proposed in front of Cinderella’s castle at Magic Kingdom just after the fireworks show. I knew then that I had to have a Disney Wedding but I still wanted it to be elegant and classy. I knew to pull it off we would need professional help and that’s when I found Eileen from Beauty in the Making.

Eileen helped me find focal words for our wedding so that whenever we decided to add something we had to ask is it organic? Was it thoughtful? Was it elegant? And was it Subtle? It really helped me from getting lost and going overboard. My favorite part of planning was finding all of the elements for the tables. I spent hours on the hunt in antique stores, art stores, and on Etsy. Each piece is really special to me and I’ve kept every one! Joao also made a lot of elements for our wedding. My favorite is an armoire that he painted to look like the one from beauty and the beast. We used it to hold scarves and sandals for our guests. I remember walking through the reception area of the Raleigh to take photographs on the beach prior to the wedding guests arrival. I was stunned. I started crying, like ugly crying. It was seriously like walking into a dream come true. It was everything I had imagined it to be and more.

Our slogan for the wedding was Best Day Ever! and it really was. It’s hard to pick favorite moments but I really enjoyed our wedding singer Lourdes Valentin. I gave her this never ending list of disney music and she and her band learned and played every one! It was so beautiful and really set the tone for the whole evening. For the kids we had bags made with things to help keep them entertained during the ceremony and dinner. It had items like a disposable camera and scavenger hunt and a coloring book and crayons. After dinner we had the kids go to a seperate area in the hotel exclusive to them with babysitters and a face painter to keep the kids entertained so their parents could relax and enjoy the night.We had a slow motion booth and guests couldn’t stop talking about how much fun they had with it! The videos are hilarious! The most fun though was the Hora Loca. Joao’s family is from Brasil so we surprised them with Samba dancers and drummers.

Everybody kept commenting that I was the happiest bride they had ever seen and I’m sure it was true! I think because for Joao and I our wedding wasn’t so much about new beginings but about celebrating the fast paced one we had and the people who had helped us be successful it took a lot of the pressure off. My advice to any newly weds is to not lose focus on what a wedding is really about and thats sharing a moment with the people you love the most. And find an amazing planner that gets as excited about your wedding as you!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Ozzy Garcia | Cinematography: Cool Coconut Studios | Event Planning: Beauty in the Making | Floral Design: Divine Design Flowers | Hair + Makeup: Carolyn Jones Makeup | Entertainment: Lourdes Valentin Quartet | Wedding Venue: The Raleigh Hotel | Photo Booth: Foto Boyz Photoboth | Rentals: Love in Vintage | Samba Dancers: Brazilian Carnival

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Whimsical



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1s7ogT3

No comments:

Post a Comment