Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Wedding Straight From Your “Secret Garden” Dreams

This bride has that perfect go-with-the-flow mentality I think anyone planning wedding needs. “A few minutes before my bridesmaids and I were to walk down the aisle, a bridesmaid sprayed Sprite all over the girls’ dresses! The hairdresser started blow drying them and I ate some cookies. The only tears I cried that day were happy ones while exchanging vows with my husband,” she said. Heather Waraksa captured all those happy tears and a secret garden-esque gallery you’re going to LOVE.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
GardenOutdoor
Styles
Rustic

From the Bride…

What did you envision your wedding being prior to planning?

Romantic and classic. We knew we wanted part, if not all, of the wedding to be outdoors. We both love nature and wanted to be in a garden or forest. As we continued planning, I began falling for a more whimsical theme. We had several guests tell us the night was magical (one guest said she expected fairies to fly out during the reception because of the beautiful venue!)

What was your color palette and your style vision?

I wanted muted colors since the greenery of the venue is so vibrant. Our main color was a light, dove gray. We also included elements of very pale pink (blush), white, and light mint. Since my husband’s (and now my) last name is Silver, we stuck with silver for any metallic elements and shied away from gold and brass.

What unique elements or DIY details did you include?

I worked with the graphic designer to custom make the save-the-date and venue map (which was a program insert). I designed the goodie bag Welcome & Information notes on powerpoint and printed them at a local print shop in NYC (Village Copier). We really loved our paper products, from the laser print invites to our Mr. & Mrs. Silver napkins. My mother is from the south (Tennessee) and wanted to incorporate a Southern tradition into the wedding. The mothers and Matt’s grandmother were given Tussie Mussies with flowers (mini bouquets held in ornate silver, cone-shaped carriers) to hold as they walked down the aisle. My mother and I spray painted the heart BHLDN place card holders white since they came in a brass color.

My husband wore his late grandfather’s ring and I wore my late grandmother’s ring for our vow exchange. Our venue wouldn’t allow sparklers so we handed out LOVE-labeled bubbles instead, which we felt added to the whimsical theme. Our female guests loved the RescueFlats we provided to help them dance the night away. Our planners had the idea to put the foldable shoes in a beautiful white, open bookshelf covered in flowers. This idea maintained our atheistic with the modern shoe packaging.

What was your favorite moment? Your favorite crafted detail?

Hard question! But I would say our first dance. Matt had surprised me by getting us last minute dance lessons. Even though I made a tiny error in the moves (we laughed through it!), we nailed the ending with a perfectly timed dip (the song was The Beatles “And I Love Her”). Matt was so happy to have gotten it right on cue! My favorite crafted detail was the greenery hanging from the chandeliers in the reception tent. Every time I looked up at it, I was reminded of our ceremony location. The tent also had twinkling string lights throughout, mimicking the night sky.

What is one piece of advice that you could give brides-to-be?

To let go the day of and enjoy. I am a planner, but I didn’t fuss over anything the day of our wedding. A few minutes before my bridesmaids and I were to walk down the aisle, a bridesmaid sprayed Sprite all over the girls’ dresses! The hairdresser started blow drying them and I ate some cookies. The only tears I cried that day were happy ones while exchanging vows with my husband.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Heather Waraksa | Event Planning: Firefly Events | Floral Design: Rebecca Shepherd Floral Design | Wedding Dress: Anne Barge | Cake: Nine Cakes | Stationery: Lion in the Sun | Rings: Brilliantly Engaged | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Amsale | Catering: Great Performances | Makeup: Nicole Sievers Makeup Artistry | Hair: Styles on B | Groom's Attire: Calvin Klein | Ceremony Music: Elan Artists | Venue: Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts | Getaway Car: Silver Star Limousine | Mother of the Bride Gown: Valentino | Photo Processing: Richard Photo Lab | Reception Music: The Elements | Rentals: Party Rentals Ltd

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog, Traditional Elegance



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1WJfGW3

No comments:

Post a Comment