Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Colorful Camarillo Private Estate Wedding

A wedding filled to the gills with blooms is a wedding after my own heart. And today, my heart belongs to this beauty from Michael Radford. The folks at Heirloom Design House made sure that petals were tucked in every corner of this at-home soiree for this wedding photographer Bride, and her Groom in the film industry. With Tasteful Tatters at the planning helm, every inch of this boho romance story is sitting pretty right here in the gallery.

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Romantic

From the Bride… For over six years, Caleb and I barely missed each other. We ran in the same circles, knew all of the same people, went to the same events, and never knew the other existed until March of 2014. Caleb moved out to LA in 2009 to work in the film industry, and started going to my (large) church at that time. Even if we had met, the timing wouldn’t have been right. I went through three years of chemotherapy at UCLA, and when I felt strong enough, was pursuing my photography career. We’d go to the same coffee shops and restaurants but just barely miss each other; he’d be in town most of the times when I was an inpatient, and I’d be out when he was out of town for work.

In the last couple years before we met, we traveled to many of the same places at the same times, me shooting weddings and Caleb shooting TV shows — and still never met! Providentially, the timing was right and we both were in town at the same time. I had just recently met a random group of new people (that Caleb just so happened to join that day), and they invited me to grab lunch at the farmers market in Montrose. I barely knew them, but spontaneously decided to go out of my comfort zone.

When I got there, I was wandering by myself looking for an ATM. Caleb just walked straight up to me and introduced himself, and we hit it off right away. We couldn’t believe that we knew so many of the same people and had never met! We spent the rest of the day together and it felt like we had known each other for years. From that point on we kept finding excuses to see each other, and have been inseparable ever since! One year later, even down to the weekend, we said our vows in the front yard of my childhood home.

I swore to my friends just a few weeks before we met that there was no way I’d marry someone quickly or even meet anyone any time soon. Well, never say never! I couldn’t be more thankful that I was wrong!

When deciding our style inspiration, I wanted to keep it as close to “us” as possible. Growing up, I watched my mom tend to her garden tirelessly. She worked so hard to make everything beautiful, and as you can see, that work paid off. With my mother’s innate love of flowers, I knew the biggest form of “decor” that I cared about was nature. It helped to keep a few adjectives in the back of my mind while making design related decisions: romantic, relaxed, uncontrived, elegant, soft, and cheerful (to name a few!). The easiest vendor decision that we made was hiring my dear friend (and incredibly talented florist) Crystal of Heirloom Design House. Crystal was a godsend in the planning process. Not only is she an incredibly talented florist, but that girl has an impeccable eye for taste and quality. I gave her my “inspiration adjectives”, color palette, a few flower requests (but only blooms that were in season, to keep it practical and cost effective!) and let her play. She went above and beyond!

As a film wedding photographer myself, picking a photographer was by far the most difficult — and the most important — decision to us. My one huge make-or-break was that they needed to shoot medium format film. From there, I picked my favorite options and Caleb and I narrowed them down together. We had the best connection with Mike and his wife Brittany, they became instant friends and we knew they were the perfect fit for us!

I have some pretty talented friends who are in the industry, and we felt so blessed to see them come together and work such an incredible job on our wedding day. Lindee Daniel custom made my gown, with layers upon layers of gorgeous flowy silk gauze, with french eyelash lace peeking out of the bodice. I wanted the dress to be feminine and delicate, soft and flowy, and comfortable! Caleb and I are big coffee people, so we hired our friends over at Context Coffee to serve pour over coffee during the cocktail hour and reception. And our friends at Sweet & Tender Rentals made the tabletops look so dreamy, they helped my “inspiration adjectives” come alive at our reception so perfectly! With our eclectic music taste and love of vinyl records, we had Dart DJ’s work their magic at our wedding, mixing on their vinyl spinning turntable. Because of our love of music, we made mixed CD’s with a compilation of our favorites, and tucked them in each folded napkin at each guest’s place setting. We thought that’d be fun for them to keep the wedding experience, even after our wedding! It was hands down my favorite part of the whole day to have all ages on the dance floor, from two to ninety two! One of my most treasured memories was during Caleb and I’s first dance, when all of the kids at our wedding came around us and blew bubbles. We’re so close to our five little nieces and nephews, and it wouldn’t have been the same without them involved all throughout the day!

And the logo design / invitations… Victoria of Kesoma Design is a visionary! All I knew is that I wanted them to be very simple, delicate and minimal. I gave her my “style adjectives”, a few inspiration images, and she created that perfect logo and invites with her own hand written calligraphy that I’m obsessed with! But over everything else, my favorite detail was the personal setting. My dad wanted to make the evening extravagant, and went above and beyond to do so… He spent the few months leading up to our wedding putting up those gorgeous patio bulb lights up – by hand! It was so emotional and beautiful to say our vows in the same place that I grew up… We are so grateful for every detail of our wedding, and most importantly — grateful to be married. It was the most beautiful and wonderful day, and it’s just gotten better. Marriage is filled with real life and moments that are much less glamorous, but we love living that together. This was the perfect way to start out our lives together.

Photography: Michael Radford | Videography: Forestry Films | Event Planning: Tasteful Tatters | Floral Design: Heirloom Design House | Wedding Dress: Lindee Daniel | Bridesmaids' Dresses: BHLDN | Catering: Reds BBQ | DJ: Dart DJs | Wedding Venue: Private Estate | Coffee Cart: Context Coffee | Desserts: Enjoy Cupcakes | Photo Booth: Classic Photo Booth | Rentals: 24/7 Events | Vintage Rentals: Sweet & Tender Rentals

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1gmbOcn

No comments:

Post a Comment