Monday, July 13, 2015

SMP Blogger Bride: What to Wear for Your Rehearsal Dinner

From A Dash Of DetailsBrides! It’s Ali from A Dash of Details back to talk about my favorite topic: Fashion. Trust me, I am all about finding the perfect wedding dress, but that is a topic for another day. Today, I’m talking rehearsal dinner/welcome party attire. This was one of the most daunting tasks for me. Finding my wedding dress was such a fun and easy process, but finding the perfect white outfit for the “night before the big day” was a different story. Here are a few tips on how I found the perfect outfit for our rehearsal dinner!

1. Start early!

No one says you have to wear white on your rehearsal dinner, but for me, any excuse for a cute white dress is a win in my book. However, looking for a white dress in January or February was a daunting task. If possible, start looking for your outfits in the Spring and Summer months. And if you are lucky and can wait until August, you will find some great Summer sales and deals.

2. Think about the event and location.

If your rehearsal dinner is formal, find something that will stand out, but not outshine your wedding dress. If your soon-to-be inlaws are hosting a more casual rehearsal dinner, like mine are, make sure you find something special but still comfortable and not too over-the-top.

3. Accessorize.

This is your time to add a little personality to your all white look. If you are anything like me, I added my favorite dainty gold jewelry from Gorjana’s new wedding line. They worked with every outfit I ordered and the best part is I can wear them again after the wedding is over.

4. Stay true to yourself.

Just because this is your wedding weekend doesn’t mean you have to stray from your signature style. If you never wear a dress, don’t start now. There are so many cute options like jumpsuits or white jeans out there to compromise your comfort. Oh and a must: wear comfortable shoes. You will be greeting guests and standing most of the night, so comfort is key before your big day!

I hope these tips will help you find the outfit you have been looking for! Good luck and happy shopping. Stay tuned because I’ll be back with a my girlfriends and a fun DIY! xoxo – Ali

Share this gorgeous gallery on

More from Blogger Bride Ali

Blogger Bride A Dash of Details’ Arizona Engagement
SMP Blogger Bride: A Dash of Details’ Gets in Shape for Her Big Day
Blogger Bride A Dash of Details’ Bridal Shower
5 Budget-Friendly Secrets from a Wedding Planner
SMP Blogger Bride Contributor: Meet Ali! 

Photography: Elyse Hall Photography | Shoes: Joie | Jewelry: Gorjana | Venue: Private Residence | Dress 1:: BCBG | Dress 2:: Revolve Clothing | Fashion Blog: A Dash Of Details | Ring Box: The Mrs. Box | Silk Top: Tibi

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog, Wedding Fashion, Wedding Style



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1Sjcnj4

No comments:

Post a Comment