Friday, October 9, 2015

Romantic + Intimate Parisian Wedding

Call me biased, but my sister is awesome.  She’s kind, determined and adventurous, and when she traded in her stateside wedding plans for an intimate Parisian “I do” with only my parents on hand, I was thrilled. Think romantic details from Mon Plus Beau Jour meets a perfect ceremony by French Grey Events meets awe-inspiring images from Le Secret D’Audrey. Oh, and a surprise appearance by two sisters (!!!), all orchestrated by the world’s best brother-in-law/hubby. Head to THE VAULT to see why you absolutely can’t elope in this family. (Hint: We’re all coming.)

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
HotelOutdoor
Styles
Elegant

From the Bride… Our story… Where do I begin? Our meet cute wasn’t exactly adorable… the type of destined‐to‐fall‐in‐love‐and‐be‐together‐forever sort of scenario that happens at the beginning of a romantic comedy. In fact, our meeting was rather typical.

Scene 1: An empty local Las Vegas bar on a Tuesday night. Four people enjoying happy hour: myself, a friend from work, Mark, and his friend from work. Not exactly fate, being that his options for conversation with other woman were completely non-existent. Regardless, the evening ended with me losing a trivial bet, for which my phone number was the gambling chip.

Scene 2: I decided Mark would be my forever after only three weeks of dating, when I was offered a new job on the east coast and turned it down to stay in Vegas with him. Everyone thought I was crazy, but it never occurred to me that I was; I just knew somehow that he was my person.

Over the next four years, he filled my life with unwavering support, love and the type of unabashed romance I thought only existed in movies. Case in point? The night Mark proposed. We were vacationing in Ravello, Italy and Mark set up a private candlelit dinner in the flower garden of the Belmond Hotel Caruso. As the last bit of sunlight disappeared from the sky, Mark dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him as a coordinated fireworks display shot off. #Ithinkmylifesafairytale

Fast forward two years to our wedding day.

Scene 3: Mark and I settled on the idea of a destination elopement… or almost an elopement, because I insisted on having my parents there. He pretty much left the details up to me, and I pretty much left the details up to the wedding planner. I knew I wanted the day to feel glamorous and the evening to be filled with romantic light, but had little guidance to give beyond that. Marie Emilie of Mon Plus Beau Jour knocked it out of the park, from the elegant garden ceremony, to the candlelit dinner served under the glow of the Eiffel Tower. Every detail was exquisite, and the ambiance and emotion of each moment was captured perfectly thanks to the insanely talented Audrey of Le Secret D’Audrey.

What made the day truly special, however, was Mark’s wedding gift to me: coordinating the surprise visit/attendance of my sisters! The day would not have been the same without them, and I feel so fortunate to have had this very intimate, happily‐ever‐after occasion, filled with so much love.

See more Parisian weddings in THE VAULT!

Photography: Le Secret D'Audrey | Floral Design: Mon Plus Beau Jour | Wedding Dress: Allure Bridals | Cake: Sugarplum Cakeshop | Ceremony Venue: Jardins Du Palais Royal | Reception Venue: Shangri-La Hotel Paris | Bride's Shoes: Ivanka Trump | Hair And Makeup: Sébastien Poirier Beauty | Groom's Attire: Zegna | Groom's Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo | Officiant: Kasia Wright Of French Grey Events | Accommodations: Shangri-La Hotel Paris | Event Planning & Design: Mon Plus Beau Jour | Father Of The Bride Attire: Ralph Lauren | Menus & Signage: Pink Toast Ink | Mother Of The Bride Dress: Aidan Mattox | Sister Of The Bride Dress: Jenny Yoo | Sister Of The Bride Dress: Alejandra Sky | Veil: Allure Bridals

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Contemporary, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1NtPdca

No comments:

Post a Comment