Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bouquet Breakdown: Nautical Westport, Massachusetts Wedding

Every time I stare at this bouquet I find that I have no words, only heart eyes. That’s right, it’s the type of pretty that is emoji inducing. A lush layer of pastel blooms, Petal Floral Design is the brains behind this pastel beauty – and trust me what I say that you’ll want to know all about it below!


Nautical Westport, Massachusetts Wedding

  • 3 stems of white clematis
  • 3 stems of white clematis
  • 2 stems of white campanula
  • 1 stem of white veronica
  • 2 stems of ivory lace cap hydrangea
  • 3 stems of peach stock
  • 5 stems of majolica spray rose
  • 3 stems of blushing bride protea
  • 5 stems of ivory ranunculus
  • 3 stems of anemone with black center
  • 5 stems of o’hara garden rose
  • 4 stems of kiera garden rose
  • 3 stems of bay greens
  • 2 stems of japanese stewardia foliage
  • 1 stem of ivory pieris
  • 2 yards of silk sari blush
  • 3 yards of 1″ antique white
  • 3 yards of 2.5″ bespoke blush
  • 1 yard of 1.5″ bespoke blush
  • 1 yard of 1.5″ antique white

From Petal Floral DesignI create most of ours and bridal bouquets. it is hands-down my favorite element to a wedding day design. Each bouquet has a personality unique to itself. The morning of a wedding I arrive early, before anyone else is on site, coffee in hand, music turned up, I start designing.

I’ll begin with the bouquet recipe but I learned early on that each bouquet has a personality of its own and I should just let it express itself. I play with the movement of the foliage until the shape and form come into their own. This is always an entrancing process.

This bouquet felt fresh and fun because of the variety that our client Lindsey brought to each stage of her wedding design plan. The bridal bouquet felt less like a repeat design and more like the perfect fit for its moment, complementing the diversity in the ceremony, cocktail and reception flowers.​

Vault CTA


Floral Design: Petal Floral Design | Photography: Brumley & Wells

Press Play For More Floral Inspiration!

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: DIY Flowers, The Blog, Wedding Flowers, Wedding Resources, Wedding Style



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1S6UAQx

No comments:

Post a Comment