Saturday, August 29, 2015

Bouquet Breakdown: Chic Carondelet House Wedding

Striking, organic, and just a little wild are three of the first words that came to mind when I first saw this bouquet from last week’s incredible Chic Carondelet House Wedding, but, really, it’s impossible to do it justice. Lavenders Flowers‘ Janelle Wylie , the mastermind behind this blush and burgundy beauty, generously gave us the inside scoop, so read on!

Chic Carondelet House Wedding Bouquet

  • 3 Stems Juliet Garden Rose
  • 5 Stems Raspberry Ranunculus
  • 5 Stems Soft Peach Ranunculus
  • 3 Stems Burgundy Ranunculus
  • 1 Stem Coral Charm Peony
  • 1 Bunch of Variegated Sweet Peas
  • 5 Stems White Spirea
  • 5 Stems Pepper Greens
  • 1 Bunch Plumose Fern

From Janelle Wylie…. My philosophy at Lavenders Flowers is all about working closely with our clients to create a unique visual narrative where we weave their story into the creation of the floral and event design. In addition, I like to work closely with nature foraging and using local products. With florals specifically, I strive to use local seasonal flowers as much as possible, which is why this specific bouquet consisted of so many ranunculus and peonies. 

Working with Spotso Photography was great! She really catches the light and colors nicely. I appreciate her eye for detail because the amount of detail I put into the event was captured perfectly! I look forward to working with her again!
 
This bride was really easy going. We talked a little bit about color pallette and I suggested bright fun colors and she loved it! She came to me wanting a really natural organic shape, which wasn’t difficult to do because I naturally gravitate towards that shape and style. It makes it easy because its what I do and I felt confident that I could deliver exactly what she wanted. The bride wanted the shape of the bouquet to reference a traditional cascade bouquet, but to modernize it I decided to choose florals that naturally cascaded, which gave it the look and feel of a cascading bouquet with a wilder more natural look. 
 
I enjoy working with clients that trust my aesthetic and that are open to my suggestions in regards to color palette and variety of blooms. I feel like when you hire a florist you should hire someone you trust to make the right decisions. Most people don’t know we do whole event design at Lavenders Flowers. We specialize in working closely with our clients to create a cohesive event beyond just florals. We will work with other vendors in establishing the event details, color palette, styling, etc. even down to plate details. We understand that sometimes it can be difficult when planning a wedding to capture and keep a consistent vision and feel, as most people have never planned an event of this scale before. We like to help our clients by helping create a vision, if they don’t have one, or be the keeper of the vision. I am grateful for clients who trust in me to create a cohesive vision and bring that vision to life. 

Floral Design: Lavenders Flowers | Photography: Sposto Photography

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: DIY Flowers, The Blog, Wedding Flowers, Wedding Resources, Wedding Style



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1F6txu7

No comments:

Post a Comment