Monday, August 31, 2015

Romantic Oatlands Plantation Engagement Session

I’m of the mindset that summer should be 365 days a year, but unfortunately Mother Nature and I aren’t on the same page. Which is why whenever I need a boost of sunshine I turn to Vicki Grafton and her captures from the season. A spontaneous swim paired with sun-kissed scenery, it’s a sweet e-sesh that has me believing in an everlasting sunny season – see it all in The Vault!

Share this gorgeous gallery on

From the beautiful Bride… Isaac and I met at an old bar in Old Town, Fort Collins, CO. I was attending school at Colorado State University and he was playing professional hockey with the Colorado Eagles. We were both at the bar to see a comedy show, and he approached me to talk and asked me out on a date. The rest was history!

Isaac proposed on Christmas Eve 2013. I thought we both decided to go to our separate homes for the holiday, mine in Leesburg, Virginia and his in Saskatchewan, Canada, but I had no idea he had planned otherwise. On Christmas Eve he flew out and surprised me at the airport. That evening we went out to an intimate dinner and afterwards we took a walk to look at the decorations and lights at the Old Historical Leesburg Courthouse and that’s where he got down on one knee, in front of the big Christmas Tree and proposed.

From Vicki Grafton PhotographyFor their engagement session Melissa and Isaac flew back to Melissa’s home town of Leesburg Virginia and I was excited to meander around Oatlands Historic Gardens with them. Built two centuries ago in the style of Tidewater Virginia and the owners English ancestry, Oatlands garden terraces are carved directly into the hillside creating sweeping views of the surrounding Virginia hills and woods. During the session, we took time to explore the charm of the property which included cooling off in the reflecting pool, strolling down the multiple boxwood lined paths and just relaxing on some hidden garden benches​.

Melissa and Isaac said their vows in Melissa’s home town of Leesburg VA on May 2, 2015. The white lace dress is from Melissa’s mother’s vintage collection.

Dress: Alice & Olivia | Hair: Hair By Giselle | Makeup: Jan Scott | Photography: Vicki Grafton Photography | Venue: Oatlands Plantation

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Engagement Session, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1NS6LgM

No comments:

Post a Comment