Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Fashion Blogger Shares How to Pick Your Bridal Accessories

Hello Brides, Olivia here! I have exciting news to share…I said yes to the dress! Now that I’ve found ‘the one,’ it’s time to start shopping around for those final touches to take my bridal look from beautiful to ‘perfectly unique to me.’ I recently had a field day while bridal accessory shopping at BHLDN and I’m excited to walk you through all of the finds I adored, plus share ideas for accessorizing your look too!

5 Bridal Accessories to Consider
View Slideshow
5 Bridal Accessories to Consider
View Slideshow

As a fashion blogger, I am frequently asked about how to incorporate accessories into everyday looks – and this same idea translates into bridal styling, as well. Two ladies may have the exact same wedding gown but wear it completely different due to how they accessorize. After working for a jewelry company (…along with always having a serious accessory obsession), I often think of clothing as a canvas to accessories. A casual tee and jeans can be transformed into dinner date attire and dolled up with a statement necklace and bracelet stack – or perhaps look more polished and tailored by tucking in the tee and adding a belt and subtle pendant necklace. See where I’m going with this? Accessories can truly transform a look and tell the story of your own personal style. And let’s be honest, on your wedding day you want to feel as authentic to your personal style as you possibly can!

Although I live in Austin, I ventured to BHLDN in Houston to do a little bridal accessory shopping. The vibe of our big day is “vintage-inspired,” so let’s just say BHLDN was a pretty magical place to shop around for a few pieces to wear with my wedding gown. (Side note, because I know you might be wondering: I did not photograph the dress I will be walking down the aisle in – but you’ll find out soon enough!).

Though there was quite a selection to choose from, I scooped up a few of my favorite wedding dresses to try on and embellish with accessories. From dainty and whimsical to beaded and bohemian, let’s just say I was soaking up every minute in these gorgeous gowns!

From stunning sashes, pretty clutches and whimsical headpieces, to jewelry that adds just the right amount of sparkle to an already beaming bride, have fun with accessorizing your wedding gown and above all, remember to stay true to your personal style!

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Follow Olivia’s Wedding Journey:

Meet the Bride | Bridesmaids’ Gifts | Mistletoe Moment | Save the Date | Toned Arm Workout

Photography: Kayla Snell | Bracelet: Morning Dew Bracelet | Beaded Halo Headpiece : Rosales Halo | Boho Beaded Gown: Cate Gown By Needle & Thread | Earrings: Lille Drop Earrings | Fashion Blogger: Olivia Watson | Heart Clutch: Blush Heart Clutch | Sash : Halle Sash | Strappy Back Dress : Rosalind Gown By Willow By Waters | Tulle + Floral Gown: Ariane Gown By Etoile

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/25TckUC

No comments:

Post a Comment