Thursday, April 14, 2016

Surprise Your Bridesmaids With a Handmade Gift Box!

Hi, Brides! Michaela Noelle here and this Blogger Bride post is all about my bridesmaids. I’ve known for a while who I would ask to be in our wedding, and I also knew I wanted to ask them in a really fun, special way. If there’s something you should know about me, it’s that I love any excuse to celebrate. I love giving gifts. It’s my love language! So naturally, I wanted to put together a really beautiful box full of goodies for my girls.

I enlisted the help of Lauren of Box + Bow to help me put together my bridesmaid boxes. Lauren is so sweet and has such a refined eye for beautiful gift giving. I told her some of my ideas of what I wanted to include in my gift boxes, then she made it happen! I made the little gift tags on the outside of the box. They said “I couldn’t tie the knot without you. Will you be my Bridesmaid?!”

A few months ago I headed over to Ashley’s house, my BFF and business partner, to ask her if she’d be my Maid of Honor. I was so excited, and wanted to capture her reaction.

In the boxes, Lauren and I put in personalized champagne glasses with each girl’s name, cloth hair ties (they said “to have and to hold” which made my pun-loving heart leap!), a coconut rose exfoliating scrub, a nail polish in the color palette of the wedding, a delicious caramel chocolate treat, a spool of silk ribbon from Adorn Company with strands of all of the colors in our palette for the big day, and a succulent to top it all off. I was so thrilled with how it all turned out! Something I’m extra excited about is the Adorn Company ribbon. I knew from the start I would be using their ribbon to tie on my bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets, so including these in the box was a must! I wanted the girls to be able to visualize the color palette and knew this was the perfect way to do it.

Ideas to Make Your Own Bridesmaid Box

You can easily put something like this together yourself if you’re a DIY bride! Here’s a sampling of what I’d include, but the options are endless.

– Nail polish in your wedding colors
– A “will you be my bridesmaid?!” card (Here’s a cute one!)
– Yummy treat
– Lotion, scrub or bath salts so your maids can use it to relax
– A picture of the two of you with a fun memory
– Plant or small bunch of flowers
– Piece of jewelry for them to wear on your wedding day

I’m also having a lot of fun coming up with bridesmaid gift ideas that I’ll give my girls on the morning of our wedding. There are so many great ideas out there! Since my girls and I will be getting ready together at a beautiful hotel, I settled on sweet blush pink and lavender robes from Love Ophelia. Shhh! Don’t tell my maids ;) I can’t wait to get ready together AND they can certainly make use out of the robes for many more mornings to come. Now I’m dying to know – how did you ask your bridesmaids? What’s included on your gifting list? I’d love to hear in the comments!

xoxo, Michaela Noelle

Follow Michaela’s Journey Down the Aisle!

Meet Michaela | Tour Her Apartment | See Her Wedding Inspiration

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Ashley Slater Photography | Bridesmaid Boxes: Box + Bow | Bridesmaid Robes: Love Ophelia | Love Ophelia Photography: Kat Borchart | Michaela's Blog: Michaela Noelle Designs | Ribbon: Adorn Company

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1qV3GVL

No comments:

Post a Comment