Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Hometown Wedding With Family Filled Moments

Every great love starts with a great story, and for Carly + Gabe it all began with the company they keep. For it was when mutual friends introduced this sweet pair that they immediately recognized – hey, this is my person. Fast forward 2 years and Carly received the ultimate Christmas present, a proposal from Gabe. And the rest? Well, it’s as they say – history. History in the form of a hometown wedding complete with special details, a downtown ceremony, a a family focused affair that’s knock your socks off stunning. Annie Parish Photography captured it all to share and we’ve got it waiting for you in The Vault!

MustWatch_swash-01

Please upgrade your browser
Colors
Seasons
Fall
Styles
Whimsical

From the Bride… Gabe and I met in the most normal way possible – through mutual friends – but I knew immediately it was the start of something that was anything but ordinary. Fast forward 2 years, lots of hour long commutes and one very cute furry french bulldog later, and we were heading to my home state of Indiana for Christmas. If there is one thing I love, it’s Christmas time at home with all my friends and family! Gabe and I were headed out to meet up with some of my friends in downtown Indianapolis, but the cab pulled over at Monument Circle – where there was a huge statue made into a Christmas tree with lights. I thought Gabe just wanted to see it, because Indianapolis is known for this huge Christmas tree, but next thing I know he was down on one knee! After I said YES! a group of my best friends came running out of hiding, and we met my parents at a restaurant nearby to celebrate. It was an unforgettable night.

When it came time to start planning the wedding, we had to choose between California (where we lived) and Indiana (where I grew up). We chose Indiana for many reasons, but mainly I wanted to be able to get ready in my childhood home, surrounded by family and friends. It felt like the perfect way to end one chapter of my life and begin the next. One of the first venues we went to was The Marott, a historic building in downtown Indianapolis. I knew right away that it was the place we would get married. We wanted an elegant, warm, and romantic wedding where we could celebrate our love with family and friends, and our venue delivered just that. It has such an air of old school elegance, with marble columns and crystal chandeliers.

There were so many special little details that went into our day. I think the details are really what makes the day memorable for not only Gabe and I, but our friends and families as well. One of my favorite details is that all of us girls spent the morning getting ready in my childhood home. It was surreal to be sipping champagne and getting our makeup done in the same rooms I used to play dolls in. We took pictures in the robes I got the girls in my backyard, where I used to play cowboys and indians! It was so special to me. My something blue were my gorgeous shoes, and my something old was beading from my mom’s wedding gown, that she sewed onto my garter herself.

Our wedding day was a whirlwind of fun, laughter and love. The girls and I got ready in my childhood home, sipping champagne, laughing and reminiscing. The boys got ready in a hotel downtown, close to the venue. After getting our hair and makeup done, we headed to the venue in our robes to get dressed and do some last minute touch ups. I snuck a peek into the ceremony space and the ballroom and was blown away! The backdrop that was built just for us was more than I could have ever imagined. And our florist had created the most romantic, soft feeling with her florals. My bridesmaids hadn’t seen my dress yet, and my mom zipping me into was such an emotional moment for me – the nerves were definitely starting to set in!

After I was dressed, my dad came in to see me – the second he hugged me I burst into tears! He told me I looked just like my mom on her wedding day, which of course made me cry even more. I opened my gift from Gabe, which was a bottle of perfume. Everytime I spray it now, it takes me right back to our wedding day. Finally, we were all ready and lined up for the ceremony – the second my dad and I came around the corner, I just locked eyes with Gabe at the end of the aisle. Once again, I was overcome with happiness, love, and appreciation for this wonderful man and started to cry. By the time my dad was lifting my vail and kissing my cheek, I had pulled it together. Our actual ceremony was a bit of a blur, I was just so happy to be up there with Gabe! We wrote our own vows, and hearing Gabe describe his love and promises to me is something I will forever cherish. Walking out of the ceremony to the cheers of our family and friends was the most joyous moment of my life!

After the ceremony, we took pictures and Gabe and I really had time to let it all sink in. We used a vintage convertible of my dad’s as our getaway car, it was perfect! During pictures, Gabe would sneak little whispers into my ear, and while now I can’t remember what he said, I know I was just so giddy to be able to call him my husband! We headed back to the venue for the reception, and I was so excited because I had a surprise for my new husband. We entered the ballroom and headed right into our first dance – but first, a surprise guest! I had flown out one of Gabe’s favorite recording artists from Los Angeles to perform our first dance, as well as the dances with our parents. He was SO surprised. We danced, drank, and partied the night away.

It was truly one of the best days of our lives, even though it seemed to be gone in a flash. All our vendors really made our dreams come true, and being able to share so many memories with families and friends was all we really wanted.

Vault CTA

Vault CTA

Photography: Annie Parish Photography | Cinematography: Love's Reel | Floral Design: Meg Catherine | Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier | Invitations: Minted | Bride's Shoes: Stuart Weitzman | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Nouvelle Amsale | Makeup: Make Up By Kathi | Hair: Splash Salon | DJ : Midwest Sound | Wedding Venue: The Marott | Bride's Belt: Erin Cole | Bride's Earrings: Rent the Runway | Bride's Engagement Ring + Band: Meghan Jean Jewelry | Event Rentals: Evans Audio Visual | Film Lab: PhotoVision Prints | Groom's Wedding Band: Michael John | Musical Guest: Tony Ferrari | Paper Goods: Ashley Elander | Programs: SE Design | Tuxedo Rentals: Friar Tux

© Style Me Pretty, 2016. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Whimsical



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1XIufry

No comments:

Post a Comment