Thursday, December 17, 2015

Blogger Bride: Boxwood Avenue Shares How to Create Your Own Mistletoe Moment

Hi Style Me Pretty friends! I am so excited to be here sharing a very sweet post with all of you! Earlier this month, I surprised Greg by taking him on a date with a secret plan in mind: to catch him under the mistletoe. I packed up some of his favorite cookies, bottled up some (spiked) hot cocoa, and we headed up the mountain to enjoy the beauty of Lake Tahoe paired with our #SMPMistletoeMoments.

LakeTahoe is incredibly special to the two of us, which is why we opted to get married there instead of on the ranch (where we live), and now that we are married, I think we both appreciate the lake even more. I couldn’t have picked a better place to plan my date than at the very spot where we said “I Do”!

When Greg and I first started dating, I had a habit of surprising him with cookies. It’s something he still remembers, and often asks about. Wondering why I stopped!? He can’t seem to understand that when he eats cookies, I also eat cookies. And cookies are not a girl’s best friend. However, for this special date, I caved – I brought out the cookies. I think unique little memories like that are what makes a date special!

When we arrived up at the lake, the snow had just fallen, and the water was smooth. It was the perfect afternoon to relive our wedding day. It was only natural to snap a few photos with a wreath at the end of the dock, where we had done the same thing only two months earlier (I can’t wait to share photos with you!).

The afternoon was a success: I caught him under the mistletoe, but more importantly, we spent time together at a spot that is near and dear to our hearts. I hope that we will make a tradition of visiting our wedding venue often – it brought back so many wonderful memories!


Now it’s time for you to plan your mistletoe moment! Follow these steps for a foolproof date; feel free to add your own flair, and share a photo of your handiwork with #SMPMistletoeMoments. There’s just something for a chance to be featured!

How to Create Your Own Mistletoe Moment

ONE | Head to the nursery to pick up some mistletoe (the key ingredient of your date). I found mine at Trader Joe’s!

TWO |Pack a basket full of goodies! Hot cocoa, cookies, and maybe a little Bailey’s if you’re trying to catch your honey under the mistletoe without him or her catching on ;)

THREE | Head out to your favorite romantic spot with your sweetheart and goodies in tow.

FOUR | Enjoy the afternoon sipping on spiked hot cocoa and munching on sweet treats. When you’re ready, surprise your date with some mistletoe overhead. I guarantee, he won’t be able to resist your kiss!

Vault CTA

Follow Chloe’s Journey:

Meet the Bride | DIY Favors | Dress Shopping Tips |
DIY Calligraphy | Bridal Shower | Bachelorette Party

Photography: Melina Wallisch Photography | Styling : Boxwood Avenue | Lodge: West Shore Cafe

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1RrliCX

No comments:

Post a Comment