Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Classic Tennessee Estate Wedding

This right here is the Southern wedding of my dreams. A day set a the bride’s grandparents’ home that is the very definition of  grace, elegance and tradition. Family moments like the bride’s great grandmother’s Belgian lace veil were incorporated throughout the day with Page and Windrow on hand to coordinate from beginning to end. Thanks to Leslee Mitchell’s images we might never The Vault.

Colors
Seasons
Fall

From The Bride…Before I ever started planning my wedding day, I knew exactly where I wanted it to take place: my grandparent’s house. Their home holds such a dear place in my heart. Not only was it the location for my parent’s wedding reception, it was also where I had my first birthday party as a child. Their house represents to me the epitome of beauty and tradition. Everything from the wallpaper to the antique chandeliers evokes a sense of history for me that no other place could. I wanted my guests to feel a sense of family and comfort the second they entered the house. It meant so much to me that our family photos were scattered about and I wanted each guest to feel a familial sense of community and love. My husband and I had been together for over 10 years and had essentially grown up together, and we really wanted the guests to feel that deep connection.

With the help of my wedding coordinator, Libby Page, I was able to create my dream wedding. Libby not only captured my vision perfectly, but she was very familiar with my family and my grandparents’ home. Not only did I want to emphasize family, I wanted the wedding ceremony and reception to have a secret garden, almost ethereal feeling. I wanted all of the colors to be soft and dreamy. The bridesmaids wore a very soft dusty rose shade and my maid of honor wore the same type of dress, but in a muted grey, taupe shade. The Tulip Tree provided our flowers and were able to match the bouquets perfectly to the dresses as well. At the reception, our tables were covered in a soft pale pink damask tablecloth.

I always knew I wanted to incorporate lace in my wedding gown and it fit well with the ethereal atmosphere. I already knew that I was going to use my great-grandmother’s wedding veil which was made of Belgian lace and had a beautiful train of it’s own. Monique Lhuillier was an easy choice when it came to my wedding gown designer. After trying on several dresses, I chose her Heirloom wedding gown. The dress was covered in ivory and white lace, and was a fitted trumpet gown with a very subtle train. My favorite part were the lace long sleeves, which were perfect for the cool October evening.

My husband and I wanted to have some photos taken before the wedding ceremony so we decided to have a “first look.” My photographer, Leslee Mitchell, captured this emotional and exciting moment in a way that really brought attention to the beauty and light of the house. When it came to my wedding photos, I never could have imagined that they would turn out as beautiful as they did. Leslee not only captured the love that my husband and I had for each other on that special day, but she showed a side of my grandparent’s house that took my breath away. The lighting in each and every photo gave off that romantic and ethereal light that I had always wanted.

Vault CTA

Photography: Leslee Mitchell | Event Planning: Page And Windrow | Floral Design: Tulip Tree | Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier | Cake: Billie Mochow | Bride's Shoes: Stuart Weitzman | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Jenny Yoo | Catering: Sargent's Fine Catering | Makeup: Woo Skincare And Cosmetics | Hair: Green Pea Salon | Groom's Attire: Ike Behar Tuxedos Provided By Street Tuxedo | String Quartet: Sam Levine String Quartet | Transportation: Matchless Limousines | Venue: At Home | Bridal Boutique: Joan Pillow Bridal | Bridal Boutique - Bridesmaids' Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid | Draping: Events Plus

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, The Blog, Traditional Elegance



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1UAxno3

No comments:

Post a Comment