Thursday, December 10, 2015

SMP Blogger Bride: Livvyland Shares How to Get the Perfect Mistletoe Photo

’Tis the season to cozy up to the one you love and create what we like to call a sweet little “#SMPMistletoeMoments.” There’s just something about the holidays that makes you want to fall in love all over again and relish in the precious moments that the season seems to bring about…and over at my blog Livvyland, I couldn’t help but want to take part in sharing some of those special moments, too!

Truth be told, when I thought about snapping a bunch of pictures under mistletoe, my heart jumped for joy. Clearly, I go mush for all things romantic and cheesy (honestly, I live for this stuff…give me a Matthew McConaughey rom-com any day!). However, my fiancé Blake was not as easy to convince! But after a few minutes of wooing him with, “oh darling, you get to KISS me…repeatedly!” (and yes, you should most definitely use that line, too), let’s just say it didn’t take long before he was on board – ha! He’s a major sport for bearing with me as I dive deeper into the blogosphere as it is, let alone agree to being photographed while smooching under mistletoe!

How to create the perfect “kissing under the mistletoe” photo in 5 easy steps

ONE | Get your man or gal on board – I’ll admit, my sentiment above is actually quite convincing

TWO | Pick a pretty setting or backdrop

THREE | Scoop up mistletoe (real or faux)

FOUR | Grab a photographer

FIVE | Most importantly, get excited to kiss someone you completely adore and have fun with it!

Blake and I asked our good friend and amazing professional photographer, Kayla Snell, to snap our mistletoe moments. It was nice to get all sappy around someone we knew because it made for a more comfortable experience. It also doesn’t hurt that half the time you’re staring into your best friends eyes for lengthy moments at a time…which immediately causes your heart to melt and makes you feel like it’s just you and him in the room (hey, speaking from experience over here!).

We chose to snap our pictures at Villa Del Lago, a stunning wedding venue that overlooks beautiful Lake Travis in Austin (which is actually where we’ll be saying “I do” in September!). From the gorgeous trees, to the jaw dropping lakefront view and an incredible home on the property (that doorframe?! SO pretty!), it was the perfect place to spotlight this romantic holiday ritual.

As for the mistletoe, I ventured to Michaels and DIY’d by cutting the faux mistletoe plant down and piecing a few branches together with twine and topped it off with a pretty red bow. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out!

Alright gals and guys, that’s a wrap! If you’re looking to create your own mistletoe moment, my biggest piece of advice is to have a blast with it! After all, how often do you get to capture that treasured moment when you look longingly into your darlings eyes and plant a big ‘ol kiss on him or her? Soak in the holiday cheer and don’t forget, as Sinatra said, “It’s that time of year when the world falls in love…”
…And cue Frank Sinatra, “Oh by gosh by golly, it’s time for mistletoe and holly…and folks stealin’ a kiss or two as they whisper Merry Christmas to you…”

Follow Olivia’s Journey:

Meet the Bride | Bridesmaids’ Gifts

Photography: Kayla Snell | Venue: Villa Del Lago

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1Q30Zf4

No comments:

Post a Comment