Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Blogger Bride: LivvyLand Save the Date Photo Session

Olivia from Livvyland here, and I’m thrilled to share the latest update in our wedding planning process with you – our save the date photo session! Of all the things I’ve checked off on our list of wedding to-do’s thus far, I’d say taking our save the date photos has been my very favorite. In particular, it was that special moment when we received the photos from Kayla Snell that really hit home.

Blake and I were cuddled up on the couch in our pajamas, laptop in hand, scrolling through each photo one by one…it was just such a sweet thing to see these intimate moments between us captured on camera – and experience that together. Aside from announcing our engagement to the world back in May, sending out save the dates is really the first solid step involving friends and family as we inch closer to the big day. In other words, it just means this whole wedding thing is starting to feel more real than ever! (And hey, I’m pretty darn excited as it gets closer!).

I’m a huge fan of using Pinterest for photo shoot inspiration, and I’d been pinning save the date ideas to my wedding board for months leading up to our shoot. The images I kept gravitating towards were always really candid, sweet moments with a lot of blank space above so that the words “Save the Date” could fit onto the image without covering the couple in the photo. With the blank space idea as our priority for the shoot, we tried brainstorming parts of Austin where a big white wall could act as the backdrop, but nothing came to mind that wasn’t in a public place (especially because our preference was somewhere without a ton of people staring at us!). Then I remembered the top floor of our old apartment parking garage (yes, really, ha!) because it was so high up that you’re basically only seeing clouds from a photo perspective. I chatted with my photographer, Kayla Snell Photography, and she agreed that this could definitely work.

After we had the location set, it was time to figure out what to wear! In my wedding dreams, the vibe of our big day will be ultra classy and super romantic, so I wanted to set that same tone with our save the date shoot. One of my best friends used Rent the Runway for her save the date outfit, so I decided to give it a try for ours. After all, if there’s any time to wear a stunning designer gown and feel like a million bucks, it’s absolutely for this occasion! I wore Badgley Mischka and it ended up being just the perfect amount of bold color and sparkle paired with Blake’s handsome all black look. I loved this combination!


Getting married is clearly something to celebrate, so we brought along a bottle of champagne and popped it open for the shoot. Truth be told, having a drink throughout the session really helped calm our nerves and make us more comfortable for the camera! We couldn’t be more enamored with the photos from our shoot. From the incredible photography to the pretty outfits, and (thankfully) the overcast day and vacant parking garage (woo!), I’d say this fun and simple save the date sesh was a major success! Hopefully one day our grandkids will look back at their lovebird grandparents and think we were super glam and fabulous – I certainly hope so!

Vault CTA

Follow Olivia’s Journey:

Meet the Bride | Bridesmaids’ Gifts | Mistletoe Moment

Photography: Kayla Snell | Venue: Austin Texas | Blogger Bride: Olivia Watson | Bridal Boutique: Rent The Runway | Red Dress: Badgley Mischka

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Engagement Session, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1Iq7Mgn

No comments:

Post a Comment