Friday, November 20, 2015

Blogger Bride: LivvyLand Bridesmaids’ Gifts

Olivia here from LivvyLand, and of the many special moments leading up to a wedding is the anticipated gesture of asking loved ones to be a part of your bridal party. This is an opportunity where you can express your appreciation – and do so in a way that represents your personality. As for me? I’m a major coffee fanatic and wanted to incorporate my love for caffeine into a gift set!

Years back, I received the perfect card from a friend that said, “Coffee with friends is just a long way to say “therapy”, and this absolutely rings true in my life! While yes, coffee itself is delicious and most definitely gives me wings to conquer the day, it’s really the part about being with friends or family and the conversations that come with “meeting for coffee” that I enjoy most of all. So, for all you java lovers out there, here’s my bridesmaid gift idea for coffee enthusiasts!

After perusing all things bridesmaid related on Pinterest for months, I finally came across the customizable “Will you be my bridesmaid?” mugs by April Heather Art and knew this would be the perfect way to ask my bridal party! Heather, the artist and shop owner, is just as fabulous as her incredible online store, so it was a seamless process in selecting the appropriate hair colors to match myself, my bridesmaids, maid of honor and bridesman. She also custom made the “Will you be my bridesman?” mug for this gift set – so now it’s officially on the site and you can ask your GBF (gay best friend) or man-friend in the cutest way, too! I love that these mugs not only feature gorgeous fashion illustrations, but also ask each person by name to be a part of the big day – it’s those little details that make these mugs so exceptional!

I started following For Such A Time Designs by Aly Nickerson on Instagram and instantly fell in love with her hand stamped spoons and gravitated towards her spirit and personality in each photo she posts. This gal is so creative, genuine and sweet, not to mention her spoons and flatware are to die for, especially when paired with the custom mugs. Aly also included hand stamped bags for each person in my bridal party – I am in love the added personal touch that they bring to the gift set!

After I had the spoon and mug duo idea in my head, I reached out to my friend and talented calligrapher, Allison Hembd of Exquisite Squid to create the lovely handwritten “I Love You a Latte” cards. How cute are these?! That adorable saying on pretty, pastel pink cardstock really topped off the gift set! Allison also makes custom calligraphy invitations and really anything wedding related when it comes to paper goods, so I was particularly excited to work with her again. As for the mini coffee bags, given that I’m in Austin, Texas, I knew I had to include some sort of “Texas” flavored coffee. I scooped up the little bags at World Market, they have such a great coffee selection!

My goal was to make each person in my bridal party feel extra special and loved with a gift that’s representative of me and often my time spent with each of them. And hey, an extra supply of coffee is always a good idea, right? Now it’s time to pass these pretties out and clink our coffee mugs in celebration!

Follow Olivia’s Journey:

Meet the Bride

Photography: A Dandy Pear | Calligraphy: Exquisite Squid | Venue: At Home | Blogger Bride: LivvyLand | Coffee Mugs: April Heather Art | Stamped Spoons: For Such A Time Designs

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: DIY Projects, The Blog, Wedding Resources



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1MYUzX5

No comments:

Post a Comment