Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tuscan-Inspired NYC Summer Wedding

Every bit of this beautiful bash was the most wonderful reminder of why I adore weddings. They just got it “right,” ya know what I mean? With Katie Fischer starting off the style with these invites and Chandelier Events leading the charge with all plans, the finished results are nothing short of perfect. Lindsay Madden captured it all, from Hatch Prop Shop’s pretty pieces and the elegant bridesmaids, to a magical cake and more – see it all in our VAULT right this way!

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Elegant

From The Bride…When it came time to plan our wedding, Sam and I found that the most difficult piece of the puzzle was picking the right venue. Finding a space that could host all 280 people on our guest list while maintaining the charming, romantic feel that we were looking for was no easy feat. Just when we were thinking that maybe such a place didn’t exist, we found The Liberty Warehouse, located in Red Hook, Brooklyn. The second we stepped into this venue space, we knew that it was where we wanted to get married. It was a perfect fit for us in all respects, but the views of the Statue of Liberty, Verrazano Bridge and the Manhattan skyline, really took our breaths away. Within that Manhattan skyline view was some great scenery from the Financial District, the neighborhood that I have called home for nearly a decade. We loved that The Liberty Warehouse had a nautical yet vibrant urban feel of New York City.

I work as a personal chef, so it was important to both of us that our venue provided top-notch eats, and the kitchen staff at The Liberty Warehouse did not disappoint. I made a point of being very present and in the moment on my wedding day; most brides tell me that they don’t even remember their own special day or even get a chance to eat all of the delicious menu items that they spent months selecting! I made it my business to eat everything I could at my cocktail hour, which was my version of heaven on Earth. I still have guests calling me regularly to tell me how great the food was at our wedding, including the multi-flavored cake from Momofuku.

Our wedding was large, but it still felt very romantic and intimate. Olive branches were in place of tall floral arrangements and our tables were lined with olive oil and rosemary focaccia where the menus were printed on the bread sleeves. I felt that my wedding brought “Tuscany meets New York City” to life, thanks to my wedding planner Amy Shey Jacobs of Chandelier Events and florist Rebecca Shepherd of Rebecca Shepherd Floral Design. As a chef, I’ve spent plenty of time thinking through event logistics, but for this event, I wanted to be able to just relax and I was fortunate to have an incredible wedding planner that I could rely on to take care of everything. I was able to enjoy getting ready with my family and oldest friends until the ceremony and then party the night away with my new HUSBAND.

We wanted to make this wedding feel truly personal. We wrote our own vows and we were married by both a rabbi and a priest. My dad and I sang a first song together as a duet instead of the traditional father-daughter dance. I surprised Sam by singing him two of our favorite love songs in front of all of our guests. The day was absolutely perfect and really showcased us not only as a couple, but the love and warmth that our families and friends have for us was truly present as well.

Peruse more elegant style weddings here!

Photography: Lindsay Madden Photography | Cinematography: Kiss The Bride Films | Event Planning: Chandelier Events | Floral Design: Rebecca Shepherd Floral Design | Wedding Dress: Augusta Jones | Cake: Momofuku Milk Bar | Invitations: Katie Fischer Design | Bride's Shoes: Badgley Mischka | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Amsale | Catering: The Liberty Warehouse | Makeup: Christine DeBratto | Hair: Styles On B | Lighting: Pegasus Productions | Band: Stolen Moments | Groom's Attire: J.Crew | Venue: The Liberty Warehouse | Props: Hatch Prop Shop | Props II: Rent Patina | Rentals: Party Rental Ltd.

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Contemporary, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1Or5aQS

No comments:

Post a Comment