Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Fashionable English Garden Wedding at Barnsley House

When your twin sister just so happens to be an amazing fashion designer, dressing the likes of Kate Moss and Florence Welch, choosing a custom wedding dress is kind of a no-brainer. Taking cues from this year’s hottest two-piece trend, the sisters opted for a chic, boho-inspired design fit for an English Garden bride. Barnsley House played backdrop to the day, and M&J Photography didn’t miss a beat. More in THE VAULT.

Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Elegant

From Sophie, the Bride.. When Ed proposed, I was sat outside in the garden of Babbington House, my eyes closed, embracing the warmth of the autumn sun that peaked from the clouds. I had no idea what was about to happen, but I suddenly became aware of a silence and stillness. The sounds of the trees blowing in the wind and the birds singing. I opened my eyes, to find Ed on one knee. I knew from that moment we met, as 20 year old students, that I had loved him since forever!

From when I said yes, I knew I wanted to get married outside, beneath a tree. I love being amongst nature (I am a bit of a hippy at heart), trees represent strength, growth and grounding – all of which have a meaning to me, within marriage. Our wedding venue was an obvious choice; we first went to Barnsley house for my 30th birthday celebrations in June 2013 and the gardens were in full bloom. There’s an enchanting beauty about the grounds in the early summer and you can’t help but feel you’re in a very special place. It was everything we wanted from our venue and to share with our loved ones.

When it came to finding my dress, there was only one person in my heart who I knew, was supposed to design it – my twin sister, Amie. I trust her with my life and her talents are undeniable, designing for the likes of Kate Moss and Florence Welch. How could I not have her do it?! She understands me on a totally different level to anyone else – her knowing that I wanted something unique, with a relaxed bohemian vibe and a modern feel, was a match made in heaven. I went for a two-piece design, with a hand appliquéd lace top, slightly cropped with a scallop hem and a simple heavy silk crepe skirt. The attention to detail within the lace top was incredible. Amie incorporated tiny seed pearls (my birth stone) hand stitched, down the centre front braiding of the top- adding a modern twist. Stitched inside the top was a tiny antique sapphire heart, as my something old and blue – a beautiful addition to personalize my dress.

With the venue confirmed and dress designing underway, we then set about sourcing a florist. I wanted flowers to play a huge part in the day, especially roses. A single rose was given to my Nan every year, by her father, to reflect the love he had for her. This has been passed down through the generations and I wanted to incorporate this in our day, to reflect the love we have for one another and for our loved ones. Our florist Helen at BluBelle Creative went above and beyond, to create my romantic bohemian vision, which captured all that I love; using crystals that I collected, as table decorations, adding tags with meaningful quotes onto old glass bottles, holding single stem roses – floating candles and rose heads in the pond, foliage cascading down candelabra, as we sat drinking cocktails in the twilight, completed the magic Helen and her team created.

Being a professional makeup artist in the fashion industry, it was only natural for me to do my own makeup on the day, along with my bridesmaids and mother. I wanted my makeup to feel like me and be fresh and radiant, with the focus being on my eyes. I went for a subtle smoky eye with a hint of blush on the cheeks and a stain on the lips. My makeup muses are the Olsen twins, they make it look so effortless and chic and that was important for me on the day.

We had amazing help and support from family and friends in the lead up to the big day. Our friend Simon- a ceramist, made our porcelain candle favors, which were embossed with a vintage rose wax seal stamp. He also made our candleholders for the tables, customizing them with our wedding date and initials. It was a lovely personal touch.

We really couldn’t have done it all without one special lady – Rachel Nelson, the wedding planner at Barnsley House. She was incredibly professional, and an absolute dream to work with. Rachel and her team made everyone of our guests feel welcomed and totally at home on our wonderful wedding day at Barnsley House. We could not be more thankful to them for our beautiful day!

Photography: M&J Photography | Floral + Event Design: BluBelle Creative | Wedding Dress: Fleetwood Of London | Cake: Bees Bakery | Invitations: Strawberry Sorbet | Bride's Shoes: Zara | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Fleetwood Of London | Catering: Barnsley House | Makeup: Sophie Higginson | Hair: Herman Ho | Groom's Attire: Spencer Hart | Venue: Barnsley House | Bride's Necklace: Annina Vogel | Bridesmaid's Necklace: Designed By Sophie - Made By Sampson & Coles Ltd | Candles: Simon Stamatiou Ceramics | Confetti: Confetti Cones | Groom's Shirt: Reiss | Groom's Shoes: Barker | Signs, Table Numbers And Name Cards: Oywah

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Destination, Real Weddings, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1S1nv5k

No comments:

Post a Comment