Wednesday, September 2, 2015

3 Places NOT To Wear Your Engagement Ring

After recently hitting the 7-month countdown to my own nuptials, I started my search for the perfect wedding band. My first stop? NYC staple Michael C. Fina, which has been in business since 1935. There, I met Deena, Jewelry Sales Director who helped guide my search and offered some pretty awesome know-how when it came to caring for my ring. After chatting with Deena for a few minutes, I quickly realized I had a lot to learn…like where NOT to wear my engagement ring. Scroll on for tips below!

3 Places Never to Wear Your Engagement Ring

The Gym

“Platinum and gold are malleable metals and over time, whether you are weight lifting or spinning, a consistent grip while you have your ring on WILL bend it. Also, although durable, a diamond can still be chipped.”

The Shower

“It’s best to remove your engagement ring while showering. Soap and other cleansers can cause build up under or on your ring and make diamonds appear dull and cloudy.”

Sleeping

“Take your diamond off while sleeping; A prong can catch on the sheets and bend, causing you to lose your diamond.”

Deena’s advice for keeping that sparkler catching every light? “Use a bowl of warm water with a small amount of soap. I use Dawn and soak the ring for a few minutes. Then, use a soft toothbrush to clean off any buildup, especially under the diamond since that is where most soap and lotion builds up.”

Looking for even more tips to keep your engagement bright? Click here to read more!

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1UszkBk

No comments:

Post a Comment