Friday, September 11, 2015

Elegant Malibu Rocky Oaks Estate Vineyards Wedding

Any duo who can fully embrace (and actually appreciate) a beautiful shower of rain on their wedding day deserves a little extra kudos in my book. And these two? They rocked it. They’ve got the kind of love that conquers any unexpected wedding hiccup and it was all captured so remarkably by Carmen Santorelli. When you’re done in the gallery make sure to spend some time with the magical film by April Story Films!

Share this gorgeous gallery on

From The Bride…Ryan is such a romantic guy. He walked me to his car, blindfolded me, and handed me a rose and I literally had no idea where I was going. He finally parks the car, grabs my hand and we cross what seems to be a major street. I hear people honking their horns and cheering for us, while I am still blindfolded. We stopped walking and Ryan took the blinds off. We were at the spot he took me for our very first date at the Venice Canals in Venice Beach, California, he then got down on one knee, and I said yes.

My heritage is Nigerian and in my culture we have 2 wedding days. We had a traditional Nigerian wedding ceremony one day and then followed by our big day 2 days later.

Our big day was at Malibu Rocky Oaks Winery and Estate. It is situated on top of a mountain and the views up there are just breath taking. Ryan and I are big nature lovers so we decided to let nature do the talking so we opted for minimal decor. It rained on the day so things did not go exactly as planned. We moved the reception indoors and had the option to also move the ceremony indoors as well. We decided to keep our ceremony on the outdoor helipad and welcome the situation at hand. It turned out to be the most magical experience of our lives.

Getting married in the rain was like something out of a romantic movie. I was looking at my hubby to be and his hair was blowing in the wind and the rain drops were falling on his face and my heart just sang. It was heavenly. We stood there together surrounded by our loved ones and we were blessed. There was something so extraordinary about reading your vows, exchange rings and becoming husband and wife in such a unique atmosphere. Ryan and I reveled in the moment and enjoyed every drop.

After the ceremony and being graced by the rain, we all went inside and danced to the music played by the mariachi band. Ryan is part Mexican and we wanted to find a way to infuse his culture into our wedding day and the mariachi band was the perfect way.

We picked our first dance song two months prior to our wedding day. We chose Ray Charles’s “Come rain or Come shine” and how fitting it was. Dancing with my husband to this song after the rain made for such a divine moment. It was sculpted to perfection.

In my culture if it rains on your wedding day they say it brings for prosperity and a blessed and long marriage. Here’s to that in our happily ever after.

Photography: Carmen Santorelli Photography | Cinematography: April Story Films | Floral Design: Exotic Green Garden | Wedding Dress: Sottero & Midgley | Cake: Susie's Cakes & Confections | Bride's Shoes: Sophia Webster | Catering: Colette's Catering Extraordinaire | Makeup: Marissa Vossen Makeup | Hair: Chris Anthony | DJ: Dj Trent Dean | Groom's Attire: Theory | Officiant: Father Jeremy Bellamy | Harpist: Dr. Jane Ferruzzo | Venue: Malibu Rocky Oaks | Bar: Liquid Catering | Calligraphy/ Papergoods: Copper Willow Paper Studio | Day of Wedding Assistance: Jessica Valentine | Headpiece: Icing 101 | Mariachi Band: Mexico en America | Menu: Champagne Press | Rentals: A Rental Connection | Valet: So Cal Valet | Veil: Pronovias

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1Qtm0ME

No comments:

Post a Comment