Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Outdoor Nashville Mansion Wedding

This staircase moment? It’s what every girl dreams of. Walking down to her Groom in true movie-esque fashion with Kristin Sweeting there to capture on camera. Along with Kalimana Film Stories, they documented each moment of these Nashville nuptials – from vows on a wraparound front porch to a tented reception fit for the storybooks. More Southern charm waiting right this way.

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Luxury Venue
Styles
Elegant

From The Bride…Mike and I had been dating for two years when he decided to propose. It was Christmas Day when he brought over a tiny wrapped box that to my surprise was empty when I opened it. When I looked over at him in confusion he was kneeling next to me with a ring in his hand and asked me to marry him in front of my family. After the proposal, we decided on a June wedding which meant we had exactly six months to plan.

Mike and I both wanted our wedding to be a reflection of our commitment to each other, our love of friends and family, and our personal faith. In looking for that special place for our wedding day, we knew when we arrived at Ravenswood Mansion, it was the perfect choice. Both of us grew up within a few miles of this beautiful farm, so it was the ideal setting for our special day.

With Mike being in the military, I wanted our colors to be subtle touches of red, white, and blue to recognize and honor him for what he does. Thanks to Pinterest, I came across a picture from a wedding where the groomsmen all wore red, white, and blue flag socks. Mike loved the idea, so we decided to have the fathers and groomsmen wear them. Not only did it add to our color theme, but it allowed a special personal touch for the men to show their support of Mike and the military.

In keeping with our Southern outdoor wedding, we chose to say our vows on the front porch of the antebellum home with the dinner reception outside under an illuminated tent. The historic wraparound porch at the mansion, next to the beautifully decorated tent made for an elegant setting for the rest of our evening.

When I started to think about a style for our wedding, one thing I was certain about was I wanted the wedding to have personal touches on every detail. I wanted the guests to get a feel of who we are as a couple and see our personalities come through in every detail of the wedding. Thanks to my family, I was able to accomplish this. Some of the personal details we included were a memorial room for special family members who had passed away, homemade s’more’s in a jar to honor my special Great Aunt as wedding favors, picture frames with our favorite quotes placed around the venue, and window panes filled with photos of Mike and me from when we were little up to the time of our wedding. My maid of honor, my sister, added a special touch by making signs and placing them around the venue. My mother found beautiful antique lace to use as a runner for each of our reception tables. Each table was decorated with a beautiful white lantern, accented with a floral arrangement, and surrounded with tea lights. The tables were set with white china and stemware to create a southern vintage décor for the evening.

For my something borrowed and something old, I used part of my mothers wedding dress to make my veil and used part of her veil as a decorative comb in my hair. I loved having these beautiful items to wear for sentimental purposes and I knew it meant so much to my mom that these heirlooms from her special day were now a part of mine. My dress turned out to be the perfect dress for me. I wanted a classic dress with an open back that was simple yet elegant. I loved the combination of the detailed lace and the beautiful silk bottom of the dress. It was the perfect mixture of everything I was looking for.

One of my favorite memories during the wedding was dancing with my dad to, “You Belong to Me,” by The Duprees. When the song ended I gave him a high five for keeping it together throughout the whole song, which I thought would be impossible. Mike and I had our first dance to “La Vie En Rose,” by Daniela Andrade, and during the song Mike decided to do his Elaine dance from Seinfeld, which cracks us up every time we watch the wedding video, but is another example of how he put his own “personal touch” on our day.

The day was full of so much love and we are so thankful that we had such an amazing team to help us enjoy and remember every second. Our photographer, Kristin Sweeting, was the sweetest and captured all the special moments of the day by making the day look truly magical with her candid shots! Our videographer, Kalimana Film Stories, was so wonderful to work with and did a fantastic job documenting the highlights of our day so we can look back on them for years to come. Cande Cook, our wedding planner did a wonderful job bringing all the little details together to make the day run smoothly so Mike and I, our families, friends, and wedding party could just relax and enjoy the day. Our florist, Cary Allyn, really set the mood for the wedding with her beautiful and ornate arrangements and boutiques which she placed all around the mansion. Last but not least, our caterer, Burton Catering, did a fantastic job displaying the food as well as making the most delicious dinner. They topped it off by serving mini pies and ice cream under one of the big oak trees on the grounds of the mansion.

Without all of these people, friends and family who traveled near and far, this day would not have been as special. Mike and I greatly appreciate all of them and the hard work they put in to make this day the best day of our lives, and a day both of us will always cherish.

Photography: Kristin Sweeting | Cinematography: Kalimana Film Stories | Event Planning: Cande Cook | Floral Design: Flowers By Cary Allyn | Cake: Puffy Muffin | Catering: Burton's Catering | Venue: Ravenswood Mansion | Tent Rentals: Grand Central

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, Rustic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1Mp3VRr

No comments:

Post a Comment