Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuscany Outdoor Spring Wedding

When this pastry-chef-turned-bride stumbled upon Sarah Kate’s gorgeous work on the pages of Style Me Pretty, she knew she’d found the perfect photographer for their destination wedding. And let me tell you, Sarah certainly didn’t disappoint. Set in the rolling hills of Tuscany, we’re about to embark on a celebration for the books, and THE VAULT is your one stop shop to find it all.

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Spring
Settings
HotelOutdoor
Styles
Rustic

From The Bride…Larone and I met through mutual friends when he was living in South Florida and I was living in Georgia. Our first date was very laid back, on a random quiet Monday evening in Athens, Georgia where we went to four different restaurants. At two of those we were the only patrons there but we were completely captivated by each other we hardly noticed. Our chemistry was instant. In between him flying up to visit from Florida and my occasional trip down to Florida, Skype became our best friend as we pursued a long-distance relationship. Shortly after we began dating, I moved back to Tampa to be near my family and he received a job offer from the University of South Florida. A year and half later we got engaged and happily started planning our wedding.

After going through the painstaking process of visiting and reviewing countless different options both locally in Florida and back in our home country of Jamaica, we came to the realization that we wanted our wedding to feel simple, relaxed, intimate, and incorporate only elements that were important to us. We quickly realized a destination wedding to Italy was the best fit for us, since we could share our love of travel and adventure with our guests.

A short while before we were engaged, I was visiting Style Me Pretty looking for cake inspiration (I am a pastry chef) when I came across a stunning Tuscany elopement photographed by Sarah Kate. I instantly fell in love with her artistic style and her ability to capture emotion in every single picture and I shared the photos with Larone. Shortly after we got engaged, Larone reached out to Sarah Kate and booked her as our photographer as a surprise to me!

Working with Sarah Kate from day one was such a seamless endeavor. Most of our conversations were by email, and with her living in Texas we also communicated by Facetime. We never actually met her in person until the day before our wedding day when she showed up to the wedding venue, yet it seemed like we knew her forever. She epitomizes what photographic vision should be and her laid back style made it unusually easy to work with her. Sarah Kate’s fiancé Josh Aull, also a professional photographer, also accompanied her on the trip and we were fortunate enough to have two outstanding photographers to capture our day.

For our location, we chose Hotel Borgo Casabianca in Asciano, Italy which is nestled in the rolling hills of Tuscany. For my dress, I found an elegant two piece fitted lace dress by Allure that I paired with a bouquet or rich red and pink tones. For my something old, I wore my paternal grandmother’s wedding ring that she had passed down to me.

For dinner, we treated our guests to an authentic Italian menu which started with traditional appetizers like bruschetta, melon wrapped in prosciutto, all paired with Prosecco. We sat at one long feasting with all of our guests and served handmade pastas, truffled encrusted steak, and fresh fruit drenched in Lemoncello. Our wedding cake was a delicious Mille-feuille.

My favorite moment of the day was was just after we exchanged vows, Sarah Kate led us to a spot she had scouted out the day before. It had the most incredible views of the Tuscan countryside and as Larone and I walked through the fields at sunset, just the two of us, I felt completely overwhelmed by the awesomeness of it all. It was exactly the fun and romantic adventure Larone and I had dreamt of!

I want to particularly thank our contact at Borgo Casabianca, AnnaMaria Ercolani, whose efforts and accommodation made it all possible. Finally, to our family and friends, we are eternally grateful to them for making the trip to Italy and joining us in a perfectly intimate, perfectly us, wedding celebration!

Photography: Sarah Kate | Coordination: Tuscan Tours And Weddings | Floral Design: La Gardenia | Wedding Dress: Allure | Venue: Hotel Borgo Casabianca | Film Processing: PhotoVision Prints

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, Rustic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1MEmNJl

No comments:

Post a Comment