Friday, September 4, 2015

Pink Sonoma Vineyard Wedding

The only thing more incredible than the hilltop views of Sonoma Valley is the wedding set here. Inspired by the Tuscan countryside and gussied up with pink-on-pink bloomage by Urban Botanica, it’s a day with a decidedly chic flair and we can’t get enough. Clary Pfeiffer told the story through her lens, and we’re welcoming every last image into The Vault.

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Vineyard
Styles
Rustic

From The Bride…My girlfriends and I decided to go to an 80’s cover band concert on a whim one night. While dancing to “Tainted Love” in the middle of the crowded venue, I locked eyes with a handsome guy in a blue shirt and we spent the rest of the evening talking over the music. Andrew was the sweetest, most charming, and down-to-earth guy I had ever met and I will never forget how enamored I was that night. A couple months after we met in Dallas, Andrew told me he was moving to San Francisco for a job opportunity that he couldn’t turn down. I understood and respected his decision and we said our goodbyes.

I thought that was the end of our fleeting romance, but I was very wrong. Andrew and I ended up doing long distance for a year and a half. We spent countless hours on the phone every night and racked up many miles traveling to see each other. I truly believe our situation was a blessing in disguise. Long distance was one of the toughest things either of us had been through, but it helped us to build an incredibly strong relationship that can withstand just about anything. I decided to move to San Francisco (one of the best decisions of my life) and Andrew asked me to marry him after 9 months of living in the same city.

We got married on a beautiful, sun-filled day at our favorite winery in Sonoma. Viansa Winery sits on a hilltop overlooking Sonoma Valley, but looks more like a villa tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. We envisioned a romantic garden setting for our ceremony, so we said our ‘I-dos’ in Viansa’s courtyard surrounded by olive trees and ivy. Our lush floral arrangements featured soft pastel hues of light peach, dusty rose, and pale sage.

My bouquet was wrapped in Andrew’s grandmother’s handkerchief from when she got married 60 years ago. We were surrounded by so much love that day – it all felt like a dream. We enjoyed dinner and touching speeches by Andrew’s three brothers, my sister, and my best friend as the sun was setting behind us. We danced the night away under twinkling lights and ended the evening with a flower petal toss as Andrew and I made our exit. It’s true what they say…you find love when you least expect it. And I still have my ticket stub from that concert.

Photography: Clary Pfeiffer Photography | Cinematography: Nebulous Dream Productions | Coordination: Viansa (Kristen Hardy) | Floral Design: Urban Botanica | Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier | Cake: Sweetie Pies | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Jim Hjlem | Hair: It's A Date At The Powder Room | Calligraphy: Fully Made Designs | Ceremony Music: Garden Strings | Venue: Viansa Winery

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, Rustic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1QeBeoJ

No comments:

Post a Comment