Friday, September 25, 2015

Romantic Chicago Botanic Garden Summer Wedding

Botanic Gardens weddings earn a gold star in my book. With Mother Nature in her element, they’re transformed into pretty little wonderlands and this Chicagoan celebration is no different. Captured by Tamara Gruner, this pair said “I do” and danced the night away thanks to Toast & Jam’s music magic. It’s Friday, so let loose and feast upon these fantastic photos in our VAULT right here!

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Settings
Outdoor
Styles
Elegant

From the Bride… I was working as a leasing agent for a summer and little did I know, my future husband would be my one and only sale! I found him an apartment, we fell in love and that apartment later became our home. Lance proposed to me in New York City at 30 Rock last August. The year that followed was a whirlwind of memorable moments.

My wedding inspiration was to create a dreamy escape into a secret garden for an evening. The Chicago Botanic Gardens was the perfect backdrop with lush greenery and pops of colorful flowers. I fell in love with the English Walled Garden from the moment I walked in. I just knew this intimate space was the perfect setting to marry my now husband. I felt that same certainty when I tried on my Vera Wang dress. I was smitten with the beautiful design. Every couple has their own unique style that should shine through from the choice of venue to the small details of the wedding. The ceremony was lovely and I felt so grateful we were able to personalize it and make it meaningful to us with our hand-picked readings, a stone ceremony and our written vows. Hearing my groom’s heartfelt words was by far my favorite moment of the day.

After cocktail hour in the garden, guests walked to the nearby tented pavilion for the reception as Spanish guitar music played. I chose a soft palette of blush, ivory and gold. Hydrangeas, roses, dahlias and gold mercury candle holders adorned the blush tablecloths. I added a little glitz to the space with chandeliers, a gold sequin table cloth on the place card table and glam lounge furniture. My mom chose a bakery to help create a delicious sweet table. I really think the details are what make a wedding, and although overwhelming at times, they are so worth it in the end! The reception had so many highlights – my Maid of Honor’s hilarious speech, dancing to Frank Sinatra with my Dad, cutting our beautiful cake and listening to our parents’ touching toasts. I loved dancing under the stars, as the night drew to a close. It was the best day of my life to marry my husband, celebrate with my guests and see all my planning come to fruition. Best day ever!

Photography: Tamara Gruner Photography | Event Planning: Denouement Weddings | Floral Design: Abby Flower Design | Wedding Dress: Vera Wang | Bride's Shoes: Badgley Mischka | Bracelet: Swarovski Crystals | Rings: Ethan Lord Jewelers | Bridesmaids' Dresses: Jenny Yoo | Hair: Mario Tricoci | DJ: Toast And Jam | Groom's Attire: Vera Wang | Officiant: Weddings By Reverend Bill | Venue: Chicago Botanic Garden | Calligraphy Menus & Placecards: Sage Paper Co. | Chaise: Homegoods | Chandeliers: MDM | Film Processing: Richard Photo Lab | Gold Glass Table: Homegoods | Makup: Arch Apothecary | Music: Symphony Sounds | Silk Ribbon & Cloth: Silk And Willow

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | 1 comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1KHbJsf

No comments:

Post a Comment