Monday, September 21, 2015

New England Meets Southern Style Elegant Summer Wedding

I’ve been a New England girl for the past seven years but I’ve often caught myself wondering if I’d be better suited for the South. Pour me some sweet tea and let’s slow down time a bit; it all seems a better fit. Considering my torn heart, it’s no surprise that this Bride and I would be best buds. Natalie Watson captured every thoughtful detail of this North-meets-South celebration, including Amanda Day Rose Paperie’s pretty paper goods that are perfectly on point. See it all in the Vault right this way!

Share this gorgeous gallery on
Colors
Seasons
Summer
Styles
Elegant

From Natalie WatsonSarah and Taylor’s wedding took place just outside of Roanoke, VA. They combined elements from the bride’s upbringing in New England and the groom’s home in the South for a New England meets the South theme complete with lobster rolls, and chicken and waffles! Just after the ceremony ended we had a huge downpouring of rain then a rainbow, bound to be great luck! Most importantly, I will never forget the look on this groom’s face as he saw his bride coming down the aisle :)

From the Bride… I grew up in a small, charming town in the northwest corner of Connecticut. I absolutely love New England, but for as long as I can remember, I have been drawn to the South. After being accepted to Elon University, I packed my bags and headed to North Carolina. It is there that I met a true southern gentleman from Virginia who became my best friend and my future husband.

After Taylor and I got engaged, we began daydreaming about how our wedding could blend our New England and Southern roots. The idea for A Taste of New England Meets a Taste of the South was born. This concept and our desire to create a fun and relaxing atmosphere for our guests became our primary focus. For us this meant food, music, and activities that could be enjoyed by all. Our menu included New England staples like Lobster Rolls and Southern comfort foods like Chicken and Waffles. We served our favorite dessert- grilled peaches with ice cream and Taylor’s mother made our cake. Guests were encouraged to let loose by playing cornhole on a set of boards that represented our home states. A caricature artist made her way through our reception creating lighthearted drawings of our guests. There plush were seating areas where guests could kick back and sip on our New England and Southern inspired cocktails. We didn’t want to leave out our youngest (and most adorable guests) so we had a station setup with coloring pages and kid-approved snacks. It was so important to both of us that our guests experienced a celebration that was genuine, unique, and filled with all the hospitality we had to offer.

Meaningful details were incorporated through every element of our wedding, including the décor and our own attire. We collected tea tins from my hometown and family silver for our centerpieces. We used farm tables from Taylor’s parents and our linens were handmade my Taylor’s aunt. I wore my great grandmothers earrings passed down to me the month before our wedding and Taylor wore a fly boutonnière as homage to his love for the sport that his father taught him.

I think it is crucial that couples know, accept, and embrace that unexpected things inevitably happen throughout all weddings. Case in point: While most people wish for no rain on their wedding day, it turned out to be a gift for us. The day of our wedding was extremely hot and humid. Although everyone handled the heat with grace, I know it was uncomfortable. Just minutes after our outdoor ceremony it began to pour. Luckily, all our guests were gathered under our tent so they were able to stay dry while the rain cooled everything down and ultimately made for a more enjoyable evening. Taylor and I were out in an open field taking pictures with our photographers so Taylor picked me up and carried me to shelter in true husband fashion. As the rain began to clear, a rainbow formed over the mountains. We realized then that we would never get those few precious moments back. Taylor and I soaked it in (no pun intended) for as long as we could and then went and danced the night away with our dearest family and friends. We hadn’t originally set time aside for the two of us to be alone but we are so grateful that the rain provided that for us. Don’t lose sight of the fact that no matter what happens, if at the end of your wedding day you are married to the love of your life, everything was perfect.

I have to take this time to acknowledge our amazing vendors. They made our hopes and dreams for our wedding a reality. They worked tirelessly through the heat and the rain on our wedding day while the smiles never disappeared from their faces. Taylor and I will never be able to thank them enough for everything they did. They were the backbone of our wedding and we will always be grateful to them.

Photography: Natalie Watson | Floral Design: Kerry With George's Flowers | Wedding Dress: Hayley Paige | Bride's Shoes: BHLDN | Catering: Blue Ridge Catering | Hair And Makeup: Rock Paper Beauty Lounge | Band: Back Porch Orchestra | Groom's Attire: Idlewood Bespoke | Groomsmen's Attire: Idlewood Bespoke | Venue: Sundara | Bridal Boutique: Hayden Olivia Bridal | Coordination + Design: Creative Compass Events | Invitations And Paper Goods: Amanda Day Rose Paperie

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: ,
Post categories: Real Weddings, Romantic, The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1JkBxrX

No comments:

Post a Comment