Saturday, September 26, 2015

Bouquet Breakdown: Modern Austin Garden Party Wedding

Sometimes you just need a little something bold and colorful to brighten your day, and this lush little posy from Austin-based Verbena Floral Design is just the thing! Filled with seasonal florals in the richest pink and burgundy hues, designed by the lovely LuAnn Dickson, we got the scoop on this beauty below, and there’s even more pretty from the Modern Austin Garden Party Wedding right here in The Vault!

Modern Austin Garden Party Wedding

  • 3 Stems David Austin “Kate” Garden Roses
  • 3 Stems Burgundy Peonies
  • 6 Stems Ivory Vendela Roses
  • 3 Stems Hot Pink Freesia
  • 2 Stems Hot Pink Ranunculus
  • 2 Stems Light Pink Ranunculus
  • 2 Stems Burgundy Ranunculus
  • 2 Stems Ivory Majolica Spray Roses
  • 3 Stems Hot Pink Boronia Heather
  • 2 Stems Burgundy Astrantia
  • 3 Stems Jasmine Vine Foliage
  • 2 Stems Olive Branch Foliage
  • 3 Stems Variegated Bush Ivy

From LuAnn…. Lindley, the bride, and I spoke long distance about her wedding concept overall. She had a very clear vision incorporating black and white striped linens, gold metallic accents, and colorful florals. Traditional with a modern edge was the vibe she wanted to express that day. The garden setting was an essential feature for us to accentuate. We wanted her bridal bouquet to have a structured style with a garden feel.

It needed texture and depth with a compact shape overall. It was also a priority to utilize seasonal flowers in the color palette we set out for the day. Lindley shared several inspiration photos with me before we spoke on the phone. We landed on two bouquet images that we took elements from, along with some seasonal florals we had discussed, to create her custom bouquet. A few months before the wedding, Lindley and Joseph flew down to Austin from their home in the northeast to finalize their wedding details. We reviewed the inspiration photos and discussed the details, adding gold ribbons as the finishing touch on her lovely bouquet. 

I love creating custom floral designs for my brides. It’s important for me to bring out the personality of each of my bridal clients. I want the bridal bouquet and all of the wedding designs to tell the couple’s story. It’s a skill I’ve worked on for a long time. I try my best to listen to the bride as she tells me her likes and dislikes, to hear the little highs and lows when she describes a certain style she saw somewhere or tells me her favorite flower. The inspiration photos she shares with me also help guide me to narrow in on those elements she is drawn to for her wedding flowers. I take all of those elements and do my best to extract the ideal combination of colors and seasonal varieties to bring out her personal style in flowers. The flowers should always compliment the bride and each bride deserves something unique and her all own.

MORE BOUQUET BREAKDOWNS HERE!

Floral Design: LuAnn Dickson of Verbena Floral Design | Photography: Jen Dillender

© Style Me Pretty, 2015. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:
Post categories: The Blog



from Style Me Pretty http://ift.tt/1O0z7XI

No comments:

Post a Comment